Community post

Discussion

2nd M/C in 5 mos after 2 easy pregnancies- is it a sign?

Hi ladies- I first want to say how grateful I am for you all. I don't know what I'd do without your ears and support. In short, my DH and I conceived 2 beautiful girls, 12 mos apart. They turned 1 and 2 in March. I had pre term labor and bestest with both, delivering our first at 36 weeks and our second st 32 1/2. Sam was tiny but healthy and stayed in the NICU for 3 weeks. I started looking into progesterone and figured I'd advocate for myself to be put on it when we got pregnant with our third in January '12. At our first appt (9 weeks) there was no heartbeat and I passed her at home the next day. In our grief we thought it'd be a good idea to have the embryo I brought in tested...we found out she was a chromosomally perfect girl. Tonight I started cramping and bleeding after a positive but fading test starting Sunday. I've been on prometrium continuously to build my progesterone. We're at a loss and wonder if it's a sign we should just count our blessings and call it a day... :(

2 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

I think if you want another child, then there's no reason to call it a day until your heart says enough.
If you still want another bub, and are still able to try then I see no reason to stop. Just think, the month you say "No more!" might be the month that you conceive.

Good luck!

User Image

11 years ago

Hi. I too feel about like you. I have 4 children already and my oldest is 15. I am 39 and my dh is 55 so I really feel like time is running out for us, besides the fact my dh really wants me to be done but I still can't get over wanting that 5th and last baby. I have been trying for a year now and had a chemical preg back in November and just got over a miscarriage in June and currently waiting for my period to get back to normal, or ovulate so that I can start trying again. This makes my 4th miscarriage all through my life too. I was about 6 weeks along with this last one. My doctor says he thinks it is a low pregesterone level and even had me on prometrium but it still didn't stick. I am terrified of this happening to me again. and even more terrified that I won' get to experiece being pregnant any longer. My doc has prescribed me clomid cause he said it can help keep the hormone levels high and help me to ovulate so as soon as my period is back to normal, then I am going to try that. I don't want to give up even though my husband would rather me. I think I am ovulating now and might try but am afraid I haven't given my body long enough time to heal yet although my doc says I can go ahead and try. Anyway, I know how you are feeling and hope the best for you. Just curious, Are you taking the progesteron constantly? My doctor told me I could do that, but then I need to get off of them to let my period start if I am not pregnant. I need to get more info on this stuff.

Paradise

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo