Community post

Question

Need advice

Do people listen to there body’s or what the app says?? I’m a little confused as if I listen to my body I ovulated last week but app says not until this week??

6 Answers • 4 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 6 of 6 Answers

As far as ovulation my body doesn't give me any clue that it is occurring so I used both BBT and OPKs to help me determine when it happened. If you don't have that data to put in your chart then the app is probably just guessing using a normal cycle theory.

4 years ago

For me, I would listen to my body. Happened to me this last cycle and I got pregnant. So my app said I would be ovulating in one week but due to fertile cm and mild cramping, which is normal for me during ovulation, I was sure I was ovulating that week, which was one week before my app was saying. 9 dpo, I tested and it was positive. So my app was wrong by one week. So instead of my ovulation date happening on Sept 7 like the app said, I ovulated Aug 31

4 years ago

This is what’s happing to me app says I should ovulate on 25sep but had cramps and fertile cm from weds - Friday last week I’ve used this as my ovulation this time round so fingers crossed.

4 years ago • Post starter

Once you see fertile cm you need to use an opk until you get a positive. Your body can hear up to O and then it not happen. Watch for the signs that ovulation has occurred such as a change in cm to white lotiony like cm. Your bbt will be elevated. This is how people confirm they did indeed ovulate. Taking my temp always made me a nervous wreck with more harm than good so I just watch till it gets slippery down there and then start taking opk's.

Mill

4 years ago

Trust your body, but if you’re not using OPKs or temping definitely try both of those in the future. For now keep BD’ing every other day if you can to cover your bases. Though hopefully this cycle is the lucky one for you and you won’t need to do anything else!!!

4 years ago

Listen to your body! Apps are just estimates and bodies can do weird things. I discovered from listening to my body that I tend to ovulate earlier than average so the apps I would use were always wrong. I tracked my cm and BBT (not OPKs) to get pregnant with my first baby and that's what I"ll be relying on when we start trying for the second one.

4 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo