Community post

Question

Frustrated by BBT

Hello! Been a while since I've posted. DH and I are finally ready to TTC again. This round I am trying to track my bbt. It is easy and not that difficult. But I'm frustrated with my body. I think my chart shows that I ovulated on September 17, but I cant be sure since I started tracking technically mid-cycle. I'm also frustrated because I know that I cant technically count on my cycle to be regular because it is irregular.
So now I'm sitting here waiting. No period yet, but no BFP either.

Would anyone be willing to take a look at my chart and tell me how it looks? (Chart in comments)

Thanks!

7 Answers • 5 years ago • Edited

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 7 of 7 Answers

No one?

5 years ago • Post starter

Didnt want to read and run.... I dont chart so I'm no help, I just use opk

5 years ago

Espence no worries! I appreciate the answer anyway. :)

Did you post a picture of your chart? I chart so I might have some incite.

5 years ago

@FlamingoGirl13

user submitted image

Are you taking your temperature orally or vaginally? If you sleep with your mouth open sometimes that can really affect your temperatures and you wont see your true BBT. Also how much uninterrupted sleep do you get before you temp? Getting up for any reason will totally throw off your BBT charts. You have to take your temperature when you wake up, before you move around. Even sitting up can alter it. You might have known all this but I just wanted to say it just in case! Tracking mid-cycle is hard too. If AF does arrive this time you should start tracking your BBT on the first day of your period. That will give you a better interpretation of the changes in your cycle.

I started charting my BBT and then I started using digital OPKs as well to help me pin point things in case my BBT was off for one of the above reasons. Good luck!

5 years ago

I'm taking it orally, but I don't have to manually record it. I use a thermometer and app that record it automatically. So these temps are taken before I even open my eyes usually. I just grab it as i feel myself waking up and pop it into my mouth. So there is no error in the temps.

I didnt start it while on my period as I wasnt sure when my next period was going to pop up. My last period started August 5th and it lasted about seven days. As I stated in the original post my cycle is irregular and always has been. So I never know when my period is even going to show up until I get PMS.
I am planning on using OPKs as well but I cant really use them until I see how my cycle works and then I would be using them to simply confirm ovulation.

So any thoughts about my chart or...?
(Thank you btw!)

5 years ago • Edited • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo