Community post

Question

Do I need to be worried about miscarriage?

I have no reason to be worried. But this is my first pregnancy and I don't know what to expect. I am 9 weeks. I know that after 8 weeks the chance of miscarriage goes down to like 5% or less. I just need to hear from people that I don't need to be worried. I realize that miscarriage can happen anytime, but I don't need to hear that. If you're going to say that do not comment.
I have been having a few cramps, but no bleeding. Every little twinge and stretch makes me nervous.
I'm not being ridiculous am I?
Thanks for the responses!

3 Answers • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Answers

The odds of miscarriage after the heartbeat is detected drop to about 5% as you said, so there is a 95% chance that you will end up with a healthy bouncing baby in 31 weeks! As for the cramping, that is totally normal. The uterus has to go from being the size of a fist to being enormous so there will be growing pains. I had some uterine cramping through about 15 weeks because everything was just stretching and expanding. After you hit 12 weeks and everything has checked out the risk of MC drops to about 2% I believe, and continues to decline from there. Do not stress and enjoy being pregnant! Congrats :)

9 years ago

I dont think u need to worry, although its very normal to worry when u want something so bad. Try to just enjoy ur pregnancy. I know it sounds like its gonna be forever before u have a screaming, pooping, bundle of joy in ur arms, but that time flies by so fast! Before u know it, u'll look back and realize all u have as a memory, is worry! Everything is going great with baby, so focus on that and all the stuff u wanna buy. Start looking online for baby stuff, that'll keep ur mind occupied. Plan the nursery, take some bump pics, search out names...anything to keep u busy.
Congrats! Ur gonna be fine!!

Oh and lil heads up...the worrying doesnt stop when the baby is out...it gets worse, wait til the first day of school! ;)

9 years ago

Don't worry Hun!! Aches and pains are very normal in early pregnancy just because everything is getting ready for yor growing baby:) unless your not bleeding don't worry! I had a massive bleed at 6 weeks and my baby was still fine with a heart beat. Don't worry I'm sure all will be fine x

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo