Community post

Question

16 DPO and now brown spotting only when i wipe?

16 DPO today and I just started spotting, I noticed on toilet tissue only. I am feeling bloated and a slight dull ache. However I never go to 16 DPO and get aunt flo...AF was due Jan 3oth. Does it mean period has come? or is it implantation bleeding? I just want opinions before I waste money on a pregnancy test, or thinking I'm out this month.

15 Answers • 6 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 15 Answers | Last Page

Ill share my experience. At 11dpo i had brown spotting when wiped. Happened maybe 3 times that day. Only when wiped. 12 dpo nothing in am but af came that afternoon. I had a 24 day cycly last month. My luteal phase was 11 days instead 15. Hopefully this is only my case and not yours. Implantation spotting can happen late though. Fx.

6 years ago

Its still brown and It was a fair amount when it started but now Its barely showing, only when I wipe still is it visable. This doesn't feel normal to me. Especially with being 2 days late for it to show up on 16 DPO yesterday morning. If anything I am going to test anyways and see. With my previous pregnancies not once did I get implantation bleeding. Sorry for the TMI

6 years ago • Post starter

I'm also having weird brown spotting- 4 days now.period is due between Saturday and Tuesday, but all tests have been negative or vvvvvvfl. I have no idea what is going on. I'm in the same boat.

6 years ago

It's odd, like why can't our bodies be normal hahaha XD
It's only been since this morning that it has started, and I am nauseous, feeling hungry all the time, I feel like I could sleep virtually anywhere LOL. Bloated for sure and I think in general I feel run down....which is never normal for me for AF.

I feel that if it is implantation bleeding, would it be a good thing or would I be scared?
I haven't had much luck staying pregnant when I did get VVVFL

It's super odd! Haha! I think implantation bleeding is pretty random. I had just the tiniest bit with my first pregnancy, but none with the others- one full term, one chemical. It's frustrating to not know what's going on. I usually get 2 days of spotting followed by my period the next day. 4 days of spotting is super weird for me.

6 years ago

I never get any spotting before my period, it's usually like BAM there all ugly and everything hahaha.
I hope things clear up soon with you atleast, as for me....well who knows hahaha
You're right it is frustrating because it's like we should know what is going on but we dont half the time because of all the changes lol

Exactly! I hope we both get answers soon. As soon as you can find a pattern, it gets all crazy again!

6 years ago

@Rainbowbabymama definately test!! I hope this is your month. It was weird for me last month too. Im always 28 days, no spotting. So i thought for sure i was implanting. I hope you do.
I actually think im gonna start early this month. Im cd22, 8dpo snd feel like im going to start. Hopefully not...

6 years ago

Right! Like you think finally I have it all figured out then all of a sudden life goes.....LOL NOPE! here's a curveball. My temps have been everywhere too last night they were normal, 97.5f last night and I check just now and it's 95.2f a sudden drop, the other night it was 96.6, then 95.5f its like what is wrong with you body haha,

I hope you get answers for sure, as well as myself

@kelliria
I hope you don't start early. Baby dust to you and hopefully you don't start.

I hope this is my month too and I hope it's yours as well. I was pregnant in September, but sadly didn't work out for me. I think to be honest I'm scared of it happening again.

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo