Community post

Question

Are symptoms stronger with a successful pregnancy?

We’ve been trying for 2 years to have baby number 4. With the other 3 children I fell very quickly. This time round I’ve had 2 early miscarriages (4 weeks) and a miscarriage at 7 weeks.
I’m now pregnant again but this time I have quite strong symptoms. With the pregnancies that ended in miscarriage there were no real symptoms.
Are strong symptoms early on a good sign that all will be well ?

7 Answers • 6 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 7 of 7 Answers

Bump

6 years ago • Post starter

Sorry you've had a bumpy road getting here. We are also trying again for #4 after miscarrying at 14 weeks mid last year. I don't think symptom strength means anything though. With all of my pregnancies, I don't have near any symptoms until about 6 weeks. And then even after that, they end around 8-9 weeks (which always freaks me out). When I miscarried at 14 weeks, everything looked great at the 12 week scan, and I had had some pretty bad morning sickness weeks 6-9; so it's really hard to say how any pregnancy can end up. Try not to put too much thought into symptoms, and enjoy being pregnant! :) Congratulations

6 years ago

I'm pregnant with twins and have zero symptoms(unless you count being tired and hungry a lot). When I was pregnant with my son I had no symptoms too(again unless you count being tired and hungry a lot) but I feel no different this pregnancy than I did with my son or with my miscarriage... actually with my miscarriage I had a lot of heartburn right away.

User image

6 years ago

I’m sorry for your losses :-((
Last night I started bleeding with some cramps. I was sure it was game over but then this morning the bleeding had stopped. I took another hpt and the line had darkened.
I’m not convinced that this is going to be a successful pregnancy though. Will just take one day at a time I guess

I just wanted to pop in and say I know how you feel. We have been trying for 3 years for baby #4. I had two mc in the three years. I had a faint positive two days ago, but im not going to believe it until the line is darker. Hang in there.

User image

6 years ago

Coelh102 I’m so sorry I didn’t even congratulate you on your pregnancy with twins!! I have been totally self absorbed the last few days!
Oooh Scarlettmoon am very excited for you! I bought a stash of tests from poundworld earlier and the line is getting progressively darker. My symptoms are still hanging around which gives me hope.

I don't think symptoms matter honestly. I had symptoms for my 2,3,4 child but not my 1st. 1st was a boy and others were girls. only symptom I had was morning (ok all day) sickness. my 2 miscarriages I was tired and sick

User image

6 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo