Community post

Question

Am I pregnant 3 weeks after a chemical?

I know it's possible to conceive again straight away before the next period after a chemical begins as I have been stalking pregnancy forums for a while now! I was due a period on the 14th Feb, I had 4 or so positive pregnancy tests but then unfortunately miscarried on the 17th Feb. The pain and bleeding was awful. I stopped bleeding 5 days later and then went on to ovulate as normal on the 28th Feb. Ovulation was INTENSE compared to normal cycles. I had at least 4 or 5 days of ewcm when I only normally have 1 or 2.
The las few days I have been feeling odd so took a hpt yesterday at 9dpo and it showed the faintest of faintest lines.
Is it possible that it's picking up a tiny amount of hcg left over from last month?
Can your body ovulate if there is hcg still present ?
Could it just simply be an evap (superdrug early detection test) ?
Or is it possible that after the heartache from last month I'm actually pregnant again?????
Will be testing again tomorrow (if I can hold out!)

1 Answer • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Answers

It's is possible to ovulate while hcg is in your system. There have been cases when a mother has gotten pregnant once and two weeks later conceived again. However that being said, since it was a chemical pregnancy I would assume the levels were not high enough to last long enough to make you test positive now therefore i would test again in a few days and see if the lines get darker. I had a chemical pregnancy about two years ago now and the hcg was out of my system fairly quickly. Took a digital test and it said pregnant and two days later started to bleed so I went to the Dr and their tests showed a negative result.

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo