Community post

Journal

Late fall

It's been some time since I wrote, but yet, I come to this journal with age-old feelings. Again, an event has led me here. This one, definitely, has hit close to home. A mother who struggled with infertility for as long as I have has just discovered that she is pregnant. It stung badly upon hearing it. Of course, I don't know what they did to achieve that pregnancy. They could have used Clomid, done IUI, or just gotten lucky. I hope that she shares her "secret" with me when I see her. But, whatever the case, she is pregnant and I am not. Granted, she is a lot younger than me. 35 I think. But either way, she is enjoying these beautiful fall days feeling sick, tired, and overjoyed. They live in a beautiful home, in a gorgeous neighborhood, and she has her mom close by. I am happy with where we are. I don't compare our life to others. But, sometimes I wonder why things didn't go as planned for us. It hurts me. I wrestled with the idea of having another baby last month when I went to the OB. She offered us a solution, and I thought long and hard about taking that olive branch. But instead, I turned away. We are too old. I don't want a child with a disability. I just want a healthy, beautiful baby. The fall sun is setting and it's only 4:35. I write that because the beauty is so intense, even when it is getting dark. This road of infertility is dark, but yet, I still see light at the end of the day. I still have hope that somehow, someday, God will grant us with the surprise of our life. I so long for that day. I am truly leaving our journey in His hands. So far, he has made our position clear. But, I am not too old to dream and wish. I still have two more years before the dreaded 40. I know I could still conceive a child and I ache, ACHE for that day. Truly ache. The light to me represents my need for God. I am tired of living unfaithfully in my mind. I want to crawl back in my little hole where my entire focus was on God and my family. Gosh, I am so sad right now. My heart feels physically heavy. I guess it is ok to sit with this pain. I hide it most of the time. I honestly do not even know why I feel so drawn to have a baby. That time in our life has passed. I know it. I loved it. And I love our life now. I am looking forward to doing this big race in June. I am happy with having friends (who are out of the baby years). Life is moving forward and having a baby would be like starting over. But yet, I still want it. I want it each cycle- at some point. And then I spend the rest of my cycle convincing myself that I "don't" want it. But of course I do. So, that is that. I pray this evening that God surprise us with a little miracle this winter. I would love nothing more. I know it will change the course of our life, but I am in a place to handle it. I want to tell my family. I want everyone to be excited. I want to cuddle with that sweet newborn all morning long. And I want to know that we are finally "over" when he/she (or both) come. Dear Lord, I am not the most faithful of your servants, but I beg you to please consider us worthy of another child. I know all things are possible through you. I know that you can overcome any medical issues that we have. I know that you can make this tiny baby perfect in my womb. Lord, if we are worthy, please let us have this blessing. Amen.

1 Comment • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Comments

I read your JE and can follow your thoughts and feelings as if they were mine. Yes, there is the pain but also hope and trust in the Lord. I will write a JE on unanswered prayer in the near future. It is something I have been grappling with for quite a while.....you sound sad and lonely, that's how most of us feel during TTC struggles. I pray that the Lord will comfort you and bring peace to your heart. Hugs and positive thoughts your way!

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo