Community post

Journal

I Thought...

I wanted to give voice to the sadness I had when I found out my positive tests were false...

God, I thought you created life in me. I was glowing for days as I thought about how much I would love that child, how many kisses I would give her... I thought about how much you must have wanted her to exist...
I imagined Simon playing with his little sibling... the two of close in age and best friends.
I thought I would get to experience the water birth I had been dreaming of for ages.
I had already dreamed of names...
I had already imagined my life with two in tow. A proud mama, with full hands and a full heart...

Now, I don't know what to feel. Even though I didn't lose her (as she never existed) it feels like a loss.
I feel a hole in my heart where my imaginary child lived.
I don't know how to process? How did I already love a child that never existed?
And what if she never does exist?
Does that make me less loved by you? Does that make me less blessed? Does that mean that you don't desire for this precious angel to exist? I know in my head that these things aren't true, but there are still questions, hurts, and lies in my heart.

I want to believe your timing is right. I want to believe you have a plan for me and my family.
I'll take every day one step at a time. And trust in Your Goodness.

1 Comment • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Comments

Amen. The reason why we feel so hurt about not conceiving is because we think God does not love us and that we deserve a child. Reality is that God loves us more than we can fathom and that our role is not to incessantly want but to trust Him with all our concerns and to live confidently knowing that His plans are perfect for our lives whether that includes a new baby or not. We ARE blessed already, we received His son. Moreover, to be blessed truly means "Happiness" whether it feels happy or not at times. Best wishes and continued trust and faith in the Lord!

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo