Community post

Journal

Discussion phase...

Well... I'm back. DH and I are in the "discussion" phase. He put off having a vasectomy until NEXT summer. I brought up the topic again of a second, mostly since my parents have finally moved up here by us now and we have them and his mom to help with the Bean.

Bean is currently almost 20 months old and the happiest, funniest little thing ever. She has such a great sense of humor and her vocabulary is just going through the roof. She's finally made the connection that I am "Momma!" this week and now runs down the hallway screaming it if I am in another room.

She is interested in "beebee"s now, loving on her dolls and other little kids. She wants to be around them so badly. And she has just started nursery school, goes for 2 hours every Friday morning. This past Friday was her first day and she did wonderfully, seeing as how it was the first time she had ever been away from family completely. Also, this weekend she decided to cut at least 3 of her two-year molars. She was super cuddly and sleepy last night.

But I digress.... DH is dead set on getting the procedure done next May (Memorial Day weekend I think) because his tiny rural school will soon be either closing completely or just acting as an elementary school. Either way, he will be out of a job. My work prospects are looking up as I just aced a civil service test and I can apply for better jobs and have started receiving canvass letters again. If he is set on having it, and since he loves Bean more than he ever thought he would, I broached the topic again. He's thinking. I'd get my Mirena out in November or December and we'd try until his surgery and then that would put an end to all baby talk. If we conceive, we will... if not then at least we gave it a shot. We wouldn't actually be trying, but we wouldn't be preventing either. I wouldn't be testing or freaking myself out like last time... (at least I tell myself that... lol)

Anyway, this has been going on for about a month, and fast forward to tonight when he comes out from collecting the trash in the bathroom and says, "What do you think about the name "Belinda" like in Carlisle? It is a perfect combination of both our moms... (Beverly and Linda)" Our friend Ben looks at me like, "What aren't you telling me?!!??!"

So... I think we have officially entered "discussion" phase... and I am super happy and terrified at the same time. We have such a wonderful little family and it is perfect with the three of us... but I would also like her to have a sibling... and I would love to be pregnant and to have a little baby again....

1 Comment • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Comments

Thanks!! I've always wanted 2, I was very lonely as a child because my parents were super over protective (but very loving and I had all I could ever want/need) but I always wanted a sibling. DH never thought of himself as "dad" material, but decided to go for it and he loves his little girl so much. She is his "side kick" and loves him so much back and laughs so hard for him and him alone.

I'm very happy I got one, and I could be very very happy with just her. It is just the wondering that would get me if we didn't just try for another... I know it will be exponentially harder with another, but I so would love another little boo around the house to snuggle since cuddles don't come often enough since Bean is a "go go go go go" type.

9 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo