Community post

Journal

Made it past the point of miscarriage!

Today, I am STILL PREGNANT and CD37. I'm feeling so blessed. This past week my OB ordered HCG and Progesterone tests for Monday and HCG testing for Thursday. The results were great. On Monday (11dpo) my HCG was 30, my progesterone was 18. The dr thought my progesterone was a little weak so I was immediately prescribed 200mg of an oral progesterone to take every night before bed. The progestrone makes me pretty sleepy, so I've been falling asleep before 9:30, which for me is about 2 hours too early. Thursday (14dpo), I went for my second blood draw and my HCG had risen to 186! My OB said this is good. Thursday's draw just happened to be the same day (cd35) that I miscarried in July. Knowing on that day that our pregnancy was getting stronger, had a lot of significance and brought me a lot of peace! I have another blood draw scheduled for next Thursday. I have full confidence that it will be even stronger! This little seed is a fighter already!

Sypmtoms so far have been pretty scarce. I feel less symptomatic than I did in TWW for months I was not pregnant!! LOL. But here's what I have experienced:
5dpo/cd26- sudden afternoon NAUSEA, it was very temporary and passed after dinner.
6dpo/cd27- unbearable heartburn!!!
7dpo/cd28- unbearable heartburn!!!
8dpo/cd29- loss of appetite (so odd and opposite of PMS). I realized with my brief nausea, heartburn, lack of appetite, these were the exact same symptoms I had in my July pregnancy. I took a hpt that evening- BFN. BTW, today I gave my notice 2 week notice at work, I'm hoping the lack of stress helps!
9dpo/cd30- no symptoms, but w/FMU I took another hpt and got a very faint BFP on FRER, I knew it. Later, that evening, I took a second test bc I was afraid it was a false positive. The BFP was even darker. I called DH, he was at the airport returning home from a business trip and told him the news!!!!
10dpo/cd31- no symptoms, but w/FMU I took a second test on a Clearblue Easy and the + sign showed up within a minute!!! BFP!
11dpo/cd32- no symptoms other than sore breasts, but w/FMU I took a third test on a Clearblue Digital and right away it came up PREGNANT... another BFP. I called my OB and they asked me to go in that day for HCG & progesterone testing. HCG was 30 and Prog was 18. I was prescribed 200mg of oral progestrone at night.
12dpo/cd33- very sore breasts, feels like I'm fighting a cold, coughing and a little congested.
13dpo/cd34- still have sore breasts and feel like I'm getting a cold. Woke up at 3AM, 4AM & 5AM, this is very odd for me.
14dpo/cd 35- still have sore breasts and feel like I'm getting a cold. Again, woke up at 3AM, 4AM, 5AM, this is so annoying. HCG came back 186!!!
15dpo/cd36- basically the same as 14dpo/cd35... really nothing new.

As you can see I'm pretty symptomless. Something odd for me is that I crave light meals and veggies, not really wanting any meat. Also, I'm no longer sleeping through the night or able to sleep in. I had hoped to get as much sleep as possible until next May... but this baby seems to want to get me ready for little sleep early on in this pregnancy.

We still haven't shared this with anyone. We are waiting to tell our family and closest friends until after our 7wk appointment on October 5th. We want to make sure that ultrasound looks normal before we say anything. Since my miscarriage in July, people are cautious and have not asked me about pregnancy as much. I really like that, it feels like less pressure to share. I am dying inside though! I want to shout it from the rooftops! I won't announce it to the world until after our 12 week mark, I'm thinking we'll announce it on Thanksgiving!

DH (39) Me (33) Married since June 2011 TTC #1 since April 2012 CP July 2012 User Image

2 Comments • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Comments

Congratulations!!! X

11 years ago

Congratulations !!!!

and

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo