Community post

Journal

Cycle 3 with Femara and IUI

Hello to all who read this and to those going through infertility. Today is a good day. I have changed the way I see this whole trying to conceive gig. I used to think, "why me", but now I'm thinking, "why not me". It's hard to believe that around 15% of couples will have trouble conceiving, so what makes me think that I am above that stat, right? It's so common that it seems silly to cry the blues, after all, that stat clearly indicates that I am far from being the only one. So I've changed my attitude a little, or rather tweaked it just a tad. Don't get me wrong, I have my bad days. Days where I think, "ya, but 85% of couples don't have trouble, that should be me!". On those days I do my best to keep myself busy or simply chat with an old friend. But most days, days like this one, are good and I find myself being greatful for what I do have. I remind myself that I live in one of the few places in the world where I wake up everyday expecting happiness instead of just hoping for it. It's a humbling thought, no? I also find myself wondering how I'll react if one day I'm told that there is nothing left do in terms of trying to conceive. How will I feel knowing that my son will be an only child and not by choice? How will I handle myself seeing my friends have more children? Of course I'll be happy for them but will I feel empty, and if so, when will that feeling ever truly subside? Too many questions. I think I'll save them for a woman I'll hopefully never know, a woman I hope to never be. Until I have to cross that bridge I don't need answers to those questions, not today. Today is a good day:)

User Image 5 rounds of Clomid (1 chemical) 2 rounds of Femara + IUI (1 chemical) 4 rounds of Femara, Clomid, Menopur+IUI (all BFN) 1 IVF in January=

1 Comment • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Comments

Love that outlook!

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo