Community post

Discussion

New and Looking For Cycle Buddies!

View Full Post

Hey yall my name is Stacey and this is mine and my husband's first month TTC and I ovulated on the 22nd and should test around June 13th!! Looking for a cycle buddy!!!

299 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

241 - 250 of 299 Replies | Last Page

i completely agree with you carol! I'd love to wait until AF is late, i say this every month "i am not testing" but theres no point. Sometimes i even try to trick myself by making sure I'm out of HPTs so i don't have the option but i just end up going to buy more :-/ i have no self control. but you are right..this site gives you hope that you can test on day 9 and get a bfp! so it hard to not test.

User Image

11 years ago

angeluv: This is my first month charting too and I had the same temp for a couple of days too after I ovulated. Then it spiked by 0.3 and now it went back down 0.2. It does take a couple of months to really see a pattern but it's hard not to wonder what things mean. It is a good tool to use and show your doctor because there is a lot that can be told through the charts.

I'm at 8dpo today but I'm going to try and wait to test once I'm at 15dpo. I think my luteal stage is about 16 days from what I see from my other periods. 15dpo would be a good bench mark. (I have been tracking AF but not my temps)

If you have been tracking your periods but not your temp, AF will always be 14-16 from the day you ovulated. (there are some that can have AF 10dpo) So just look back and then you will have a rough estimate of when you think you should test.

I don't know if this really helps anyone but I'm hoping it works for me.

fertilityfriend.com is a good website too!

11 years ago

Angel lets promise each other we wont test :) We can do it!!!!

User Image Miscarriage 1/6/2012

11 years ago

cnicole: I'm really going to try to wait this month. I had a lot of the cheap $1 tests at home and those were the ones I was using but I ran out of those and I convinced myself not to buy more. I only have the 2 of digital ones at home and one FRER and I don't want to "waste" those unless I really think I'm pregnant because those are expensive little pee sticks.

virtue: is ovulation always 14-16 before AF?? I had an exceptionally long cycle this past cycle. I didn't get AF for 35 days and it has never been that long. I'm pretty sure I O'ed around the 22nd of may though which would put it at about 19 days. I mean I could be off by a day or two but it was still an extra long luteal phase i think. Does that mean something is wrong with me? or maybe i grossly misjudged when i o'ed. I didn't chart last month so it could very well be wrong.

User Image

11 years ago

angeluv:

I took this from the American Pregnancy Association website. I hope this helps a little:

"Ovulation can be calculated by starting with the day the last menstrual period (LMP) starts or by calculating 12-16 days from the next expected period. Most women ovulate anywhere between Day 11 - Day 21 of their cycle, counting from the first day of the LMP."

It's totally normal to have a 35 day cycles because we are all different so I wouldn't worry about that. The one thing that (according to all my research) is fact is that your luteal stage will almost always be about the same every month. Give or take a few days.

So FOR EXAMPLE ONLY: you have a 35 day cycle and AF came today, and you knew that you had a luteal stage of 16 days, then your ovulation would have most likely occured around May 29th. (Give or take a few days)

The one thing that I have read is that ovulation can be delayed due to stress and what not,but your luteal phase remains somewhat constant.

I hope this helps.

11 years ago

Hey i'm new just found out i'm pregnant today with a home test is happy, excited and in shock. I'm looking for buddies also :) gina x

11 years ago

Congrats!

11 years ago

Angel: Same here. I will not buy an y cheap $ test this month. With ovulation since you are temping this month youll be able to pin point the exact day you O'ed :) I always O really early and have a longer LP which is kinda annoying because my 2WW is actually 2 weeks and 2 days for me lol Ill be O'ing around next Tuesday YAY :)

11 years ago

I should be O'ing around the same time as you cnicole. I'm going to start doing the OPK's tomorrow though like the Sperm Meet Egg Plan suggests on day 10.

do any of you women find yourselves planning or not planning things in case you pregnant?

I was thinking of going on vacation out of the country in Sept but I'm thinking..what if i'm pregnant? but what if i'm not?......what a condundrum

User Image

11 years ago

Angel YES I plan things based on the fact. For example, during the 2WW I tel friends that I can not go out drinking with them. They love wine and while I do not know if I am pregnant I do not want a few glasses messing that up for me. I also lower the intake of caffiene in the 2ww as well. As far as going out of the country in September you should still plan on it :) You will not be far a long enough for it to hurt the baby. The doctor will tell you if they do not want you flying.I do not think I am doing the SMEP this month because I O on day 12. So I have to BD a lot more before that plan if I want it to work. So I think we will do every other day starting day 6 but as of day 10 or 11 we will everyday. I do not think we BD enough before I o'ed last month. So we will see :)

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo