Community post

Question

OPK getting lighter?

Please advise, I took a OPK yesterday and line was getting darker just not as dark as the control line, just took another today and line has gone lighter, does that mean I have not ovulated, please help any advice appreciated

9 Answers • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 9 of 9 Answers

Do you only do OPKs once a day? and if so when do you do them? Many women myself included I test twice a day. Once in the morning and once in the evening I usually get a better reading in the evening. the reason for this is you could miss your surge cause ovulation can happen anywhere between 12-48 hours so they say but then again I usually get 3 positive OPKs before I O so who knows. everyone is different. How long is your cycle? and where are you at in your cycle that could help you understand what might be happening with your opks.

Praying for baby number 3!

7 years ago

I normally do OPK in afternoon, I am on cycle day 15. Yesterday my OPK got darker so I took another in the evening and it was alitte lighter, then I took another one this afternoon it was even lighter. My cycles vary from 37 to 59 days. Any advice please

7 years ago • Post starter

in that case you probably have not ovulated yet. don't worry about the light dark light. My DR. said he wouldn't even trust those. a lot of things can mess with them. are you taking anything? and have you talked to your doctor about your cycles and trying to get pregnant?

7 years ago

Thank you for responding, im not taking anything, been to doctors and said everything looks ok but can't explain irregular cycles, might do a day 21 blood test again. Just feel totally deflated it has been 13 months now

ok what does he mean by ok. I am by no means a doctor, but has he/she check to see if you are ovulating every month? a lot of women that that have irregular cycle like you seem to have PCOS. I don't want to assume.

I just talk to my doctor a few days ago because DH and I have been TTC for over a year now and he asked me if I am regular. I said yes I have an average cycle of 32 days. he didn't like that he thinks I am ovulating to late. so if one doctor can think that on 32 days. that kind of concerns me that your doctor thinks everything is ok with the cycles that you are having. I am sure there is a lot going on that I don't know and I don't want to speculate sorry that isn't my intention. if you don't want to go to the doctor to get meds I have been reading all kinds of stuff for natural was to bring up your period and ovulation.

7 years ago

isoflavones seem to be the hit thing you can get them over the counter and they are supposed to be like a generic Clomid.

7 years ago

Thank you for replying, I have x2 doctors at my surgery, the first doctor confirmed by blood test I am not ovulating every month if at all and sent me for a ultrasound scan to check my ovaries which came back clear, when I went to my surgery for the results I saw the other doctor who said he wont refer me to a fertility clinic until I have another blood test

Which I have already done. This second doctor not professional when I was asking him questions regarding ovulation he asked me where I have this information from and I said online and forums and he asked me NOT to go online and research things for myself.

Thank you for the over the counter information will definitely try this

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo