Community post

Question

PLEASE HELP!

I was on the HCG diet and quit 8 days ago when I thought I was pregnant. I went to the doc today for an ultra sound and they couldn't find a heart beat or a sac. I am only 4w 5d. I have had my HCG numbers checked twice and they went from 214 to 541 in three days as well as progesterone. Could it just be to early to see anything and or am I Not pregnant.. Someone please help. I'm so stressed and worried. I'm scared.
I do my BBT and that for the passed two days has been low. My doc said to stop temping. So I am but could it be to late? Anyone please help

Poll:
Yes To early to see anything (6 votes)
Not pregnant (1 votes)
Yes Diet HCG still in system (0 votes)
No diet HCG could not still be in system (0 votes)
unknown (0 votes)

4 Answers • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Answers

I don't know how much hCG you were injecting for the diet and I don't know how long ago you stopped. But if it was a decent amount and you stopped recently the hCG in your system could still, at least partially, be from the injections. The fact that your hCG levels went up after you stopped taking the hCG is a good sign if you're hoping to be pregnant. Ultrasounds wouldn't really show anything about 4 weeks. And unless you're temping to confirm ovulation you don't really know you're 4w5d.

The only thing you can do here is to wait and see what happens with your numbers and if anything becomes visible on ultrasound in a week or two.

Hopefully you get your desired result.

TTC #1: January 2015- October 2015 BFP #1: October 16, 2015. MC: November 6, 2015 BFP #2: March 15, 2016. MC: March 21, 2016 TTC Rainbow: November 2015- Present

8 years ago

I'm not sure what the hcg diet is but you should see at sac at 4 weeks :(

Best of luck! Maybe you're not as far along as you thought.

8 years ago

I wish you could edit comments. I did some Googling after answering earlier and realized that MaybeBaby #2 is correct: you should be able to see a small gestational sac at 4 weeks. I lurked your chart a bit and I'm not completely sure when you ovulated based off temps. It's possible you ovulated later than you think you did and you're not really 4w5d. But yeah by 4w5d it would seem that something should be visible on ultrasound.

TTC #1: January 2015- October 2015 BFP #1: October 16, 2015. MC: November 6, 2015 BFP #2: March 15, 2016. MC: March 21, 2016 TTC Rainbow: November 2015- Present

8 years ago

Ok everyone! My doctor has called... Finally an answer... At 4 weeks 5 days most often you can NOT see a sac. However at 5 weeks you should be able to see a sac. The doctor told me that two days is ahuge difference in the first trymester. My hcg levels are at 542 from 214. The ultrasound tec also said she can not see anything unless my hcg levels read at least 1000. So i am pregnant. My hcg levels are still doubling. So everything is fine. Thank you to all who answered.

8 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo