Community post

Question

When would I ovulate and be fertile?

Trying to understand when I would ovulate. I have short cycles, typically 24 days and af only lasts 4 days. I attribute that to being on the pill for so many years. I have a 7 year old and MC before so I know I am able to get pregnant. I'm just confused as to when I ovulate and when we should bd. Most articles I read say you don't O that early but all apps I use say fertile CD 5-11 and O on CD10. Thoughts?

3 Answers • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Answers

An app can't tell you when you will ovulate. The only way to confirm when and if you are ovulating are by seeing a doctor or temping. You can also use OPK's to determine when you might ovulate so that you know the best time to BD. For the average 28 day cycle, ovulation is usually 12-14 days before the next period. If you have short cycles, its possible that you do ovulate earlier. I would suggest starting to use OPK's and/or temping.

TTC #2

8 years ago

The best way to make sure you're covered is to bd every other day starting at cd 7 or 8 with your cycle being that short. Prolly can stop around cd 15 to be safe.

Mill

8 years ago

Yes I am aware an app can't tell me when I'm ovulating lol I was just surprised when charting my cycles and symptoms, it showed fertile days so early. I didn't know that was possible. It looks like OPKs are in my future. Thanks for responding!!

8 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo