Community post

Question

Do all HPT get evap lines after the alloted time???

I have done 2 hpt tests this morning. One was Fist Response and the other was ept (+\-). Both came up with a faint pos. The First Response came up within the alloted time but def got darker as time passed. The EPT showed up after alloted time but its very bisable and has thickness and blue color. So my questions is... Do ALL hpt end up with evap lines?

2 Answers • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Answers

I have taken numerous negative pregnancy tests in my life and I've only gotten an evap line a couple times. Usually I don't.

8 years ago

No they do not all get evap lines after the allotted time. I've taken A LOT of pregnancy tests and most of them were still stark white BFNs if you dug them out of the trash hours, or days later.

However, if a result shows up after the time limit, because that is when an evap would appear and a real positive should appear before that, you have to assume it is an evap and consider it a BFN. Whenever you get an evap that you suspect could have been an actual positive had it been read during the proper time frame you should always retest, preferably on a 4+ hour hold or the next morning with first morning urine.

TTC #1: January 2015- October 2015 BFP #1: October 16, 2015. MC: November 6, 2015 BFP #2: March 15, 2016. MC: March 21, 2016 TTC Rainbow: November 2015- Present

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo