Community post

Question

Positive ovulation after trigger shot?

Need advice: clomid days 3-7 (horrible migraine side effects) ultrasound on days 12 & 14. 5 follicles over 18 in size. Triggers on day 15. BD on days 16,17,18,19. Tested out trigger. Negative pregnancy test 6
Days past trigger. On day 8&9 days past trigger had sever cramping, BFN but POSITIVE opk (which was previously negative). Is it possible I didn't ovulate after trigger and now Am Ovulating large follicles (possible reasoning of why I am Cramping?)

Bbt temps extremely low As well? Called doctor and she said to take
Tylenol and wait until Wednesday to go for blood test and ultrasound to
See if we're Pregnant

Any advice is appreciated!!!

2 Answers • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Answers

It is highly unlikely that you failed to ovulate after the trigger shot. The reason for seeing positive OPKs during the lp are random LH surges - nothing to worry about. The best way to confirm ovulation is to do a progesterone blood test one week after ovulation. This test will give a definite answer. Not sure why you would need an ultrasound to confirm pregnancy. At such an early point in time nothing would be visible. A HCG blood test is all you need. Best wishes.

8 years ago

Thank you. I guess they want to make sure all of the follicles were released
With the ultrasound I guess.

8 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo