Community post

Question

HCG Levels: Can an HPT detect a level just under the mIU/mL it calls for???

Say your test's sensitivity level is 25. If you're at a 23 or 24, will you get a faint positive? I'm just curious. And anxious. I can't find any supporting information online - but maybe I'm not asking correctly.

3 Answers • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Answers

Some do, yes. They all vary somewhat, even within the same batch, but most dont require the amount stated to yield a positive. My OSOM's say 25mIU and they pick up levels before FRER do, which have been known to register levels in the 6-12 range. U'll also have the tests that say 25mIU and may not register anything til 50 or so...those are usually the cheapies u get online tho.

8 years ago

As far as I understand it , if the test is 25 and urine concentrations are 25, you should get a faint line as that is the lowest hcg the test will pick up. Some tests will ' colour' up with a faint line with less hcg but they're not 'supposed' to. I've often wondered the real answer to this question myself. I hope someone knows for sure. :)

8 years ago

I'm not sure what frer claims to detect, but I got strong bfp at 9 dpo with a blood test later that day that showed a level of 17. This was March 2014, though, and I know they've fudged around with that style since then.

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo