Community post

Question

Blue dye BFP, but FRER is a BFN???

So I know I'm early (very early) but after a huge temp spike and EWCM today I decided to POAS at 7-8 dpo. Had an immediate (albeit faint) BFP from the Inverness blue dye | | test. Took a FRER and it was a BFN. Dipped another blue dye and same exact result. I was afraid that since they were the same lot that it was a bad batch, so I picked up the same test from CVS just to make sure. I dipped the last Target test and one CVS test (2 different lots) at the same time, and lo and behold - two faint BFPs. Dipped a FRER in the same sample and BFN. Anyone get BFPs from the "evil" blue dye tests BEFORE you got a BFP on the "trusted" FRER?

Linda

2 Answers • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Answers

I got BFN on every blue dye test I took (usually clearblue). Every FR I took I got a positive. I do not trust blue dye. I now only use FR.

8 years ago

I took a clearblue plus I believe 4days ago, if you go look at my test, and it had the faintest line, I could see it. It came up in 3 minutes so I know it's not an evap. I have not tested since, I am actually waiting on some Internet cheapies to get her tomorrow then I will test. I pray it was my bfp. Keep me updated

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo