Community post

Question

Ovulation after miscarriage, advice please??

Hi, I had a d&c on the 2 April for m/c at 11.5 weeks. I had to have a 2nd d&c for retained product 2 weeks later and while I was still spotting from the second d&c I ovulated, only 3weeks after the first d&c. This was confirmed by ultrasound and af arrived on schedule further proving I'd ovulated. I don't know how fast my hcg dropped but it must have dropped quickly. My cycles are very consistent normally and seeing I ovulated so fast after my m/c I expected to ovulate yesterday and was hoping my body would act normally this cycle. I haven't felt any ovulation symptoms at all. I'm so disappointed as we were given the go ahead to try. I don't temp or use opks as my body is so good at giving me obvious O symptoms so I've never needed them. Has anyone else experienced delayed ovulation on their second cycle after m/c? I really wanted to ttc again ASAP and now my body is letting me down. Basically, I need cheering up :(

3 Answers • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Answers

I had a very similar situation I was 10 weeks pregnant had a missed miscarriage and had a D&C on New Years Eve. I started ovulating again in January (confirmed by ultrasound) and then needed a second D&C in February due to the retained products. My doctor said that my body was back to normal and I was ovulating properly, but my uterus may need a few cycles to heal before I would implant properly. He said my period would flush out the damage and each month it would be healthier. So keep your head up! You are probably ovulating properly, but you may just need another cycle to fully heal. I'm with you though, I really wanted to be pregnant immediately after the D&C.

8 years ago

I had a missed miscarriage in February. I had a cycle right on schedule 25 days later. The next cycle was odd with three different possible ovulation dates. I got pregnant again on that second cycle after the miscarriage, but it turned out to be a chemical pregnancy. I think my uterus wasn't ready yet. I think my hormones were out of order. My advice after my recent experience would be don't rush to failure. Your body will be ready soon! Best wishes to you!

8 years ago

Thankyou ladies. I need to trust my body. I'm always telling everyone else, trust your body it will know what to do. I do just want to fill that empty feeling inside.

8 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo