Community post

Question

Ladies 40 ttc Evening Primrose Oil? BFP!!!

I'm dpo and I just got a BFP! I'm 40 on Sunday! This is my seventh cycle ttc no 4. Things I did different this month: I took 5000mg Folic acid as recommended by a Dr I hadn't seen before. I also took evening primrose oil for the first half of my cycle until ovulation day. I stopped all other supplements. I could only get 1000mg capsules so I took one morning and night. The only difference I noted was a more subtle ovulation, less cramps. Did the EPO do it? I have had ZERO symptoms. That is NONE! I hope this baby sticks and I am proof that you are NOT too old to conceive! :)

5 Answers • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Answers

Lovely news
I'm 45 tues and still trying for one more xx

9 years ago

Thankyou. It's scary ttc at this end of our fertility. I'm sure you'll have success. I just want to share what may have helped for me. The proof will be a full term pregnancy! I would love to see all the ladies like yourself who have been committed to helping others by answering questions on here get their bfp!

9 years ago • Post starter

aww congrats Maggic! Sending loads of sticky baby dust! What does the EPO do exactly?

9 years ago

Apparently it's been used for fertility and pms symptoms for centuries. It's supposed to increase ewcm but I didn't notice any change. It's supposed to support correct hormonal balance. When ttc you only take it for the first half of your cycle as it can supposedly increase uterine contractions which we don't want in the luteal phase for implantation. The starting dose is 1500mg (500mg, 3 times per day) but I could only get 1000mg capsules so I just took one morning and night and hoped for the best. It can be increased to 3000mg daily. There are probably other ladies who know more about it's uses on here so it might be worth posting a question. I just read about some ladies swearing by it so I thought I'd give it a shot, and the big increase in Folic acid (I haven't been back to the doctor I saw yet to ask more about that one). Thankyou for you're well wishes :)

9 years ago • Post starter

Thanks i'll have to do some research on it :)

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo