Community post

Question

Any tips on weaning a toddler who doesn't want to wean??? Hearts are breaking!

Hi I'm 8 weeks pregnant with no. 4 and still bf my 2.5 year old boobie obsessed boy. Ive got severe morning sickness and fatigue and my youngest does NOT want to give up his comfort boob at night. I weaned my two girls both at 15 months and they transitioned smoothly but my b.o.y is taking the suggestion personally! It turns into an emotional battle and I'm so tired I give in. Since finding I was pregnant my milk supply has dropped off a lot but he doesn't seem to care and I was hoping he would lose interest. Any tips I could use the support :). Thanku in advance.

6 Answers • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 6 of 6 Answers

Do you co-sleep or is he in his own space? If the latter, try sending dad in with a cup of water instead.

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

9 years ago

We did co sleep. He's been going to sleep in his own bed and coming in. We did a concerted attempt to wean a couple of months ago where I slept in another room so he only found daddy for over a week but the second mummy is around he wants a boob. I feel I've just left it too long and he's not going to forget about the boob easily.

9 years ago • Post starter

I think you're just going to have to be consistent with it... you cant give in just because you don't want to deal with it/are tired or he will learn that if he throws a big enough fit that you will give in and he will keep trying. It's going to have to be no every single time. Wishing you the best of luck!

9 years ago

Thanks ladies. And thanks for wishing me luck cdd! I think I'm going to need it. There's nothing like a full body wrestling match with a robust toddler who wants boobie and wants it now! I'm having visions of him sneaking out of school at lunch time to come looking for a boob! It's time to wean he's practically bigger than me. It's amazing how even when they're asleep they can home in on an unsuspecting bosom like a heat seeking missile! Please continue to wish me luck I'm going to need it!

I don't know how true it is, but I think BF during early pregnancy helped reduce my morning (all day) sickness! That said, I had a boob obsessed son, who when it came to weaning surprised me!
In the end I had to bear hug him so he couldn't get to my milk and sing him songs to distract him till he went to sleep. It took 4 nights for him to completely forget about boobs!!
Good luck!

<a href=

9 years ago

Haha mystique, we might try that starting tonight! :) thanks.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo