Community post

Question

Has anyone tested positive after what seems like AF?

I am 13 days past my expected period start date, but I have started to notice red spotting. I'm wondering if anyone experienced this as well, but still got a BFP? Do women normally completely miss their period after implantation?

1 Answer • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Answers

Most women don't get a period if they are pregnant. In rare cases some might spot and some might get a "period". Chances are you didn't ovulate. I've been in this boat twice. I thought I was pregnant for sure cuz I know how long my luteal phase is and I had a pos opk. But you can have a pos opk and not o. If you are starting to spot red I would guess af is starting. If you don't ovulate your luteal phase doesn't occur basically and your lining will eventually get too thick and shed. I was 8 days late once and 14 days late another time. Maybe you are one of those girls who get a late bfp but like I said, with the red spotting starting I think your lining finally got too thick and is start to shed.

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo