Community post

Question

Hair colouring and hair removal creams????

I REALLY wanna dye my hair-my roots are showing badly!
I'm only 3.6 weeks pregnant and worried any chemical in me could harm it and I'm already panicking about every twinge as we lost one just before xmas at 5.4 weeks.
So do you guys or have u dyed your hair this early on?
Is it safe to use hair removal cream?
I can't get to my gps yet.
Thanks in advance.

5 Answers • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Answers

Ive dyed my hair every 4wks with both babies...no issues. Just make sure ur in a well ventilated room. As for hair removal creams I'd avoid those, u may find urself more sensitive to topicals and those could end up burning u. Not sure if theyre preg-safe either. Wax or shave is ur best bet.
Congrats! Wasnt long ago u thought u'd never get preg...enjoy, Mama!! xo

9 years ago

It's best to wait til the 2nd trimester to color your hair. It hasn't really been proven or disproven that the chemicals can affect the baby so I went with better safe than sorry. My SIL is a salon owner and she said wait til the 2nd trimester as well and even then try to stick to semi or demi permanent dye or just highlights as they will limit your exposure to chemicals. I would definitely say no way to hair removal creams and opt to get waxed instead. Trust me when I say as you get farther into your pregnancy or hit morning sickness stage you probably won't have the energy or motivation to care lol. Some days I couldn't get through a shower without wanting a nap afterwards and I don't think I shaved my legs for a good 5 weeks when I was feeling the worst!

9 years ago

I dyed my hair with first two pregnancies... But I'm more scared now! Weird isn't it!
I will ask my gp but I wanted experienced ladies answers too. Thankyou x
Thankyou Dakotagurrl

9 years ago • Post starter

I'd avoid until second trimester I'm currently 20 weeks Preg on baby no 5 and I'm a hairdresser and never had a problem with dying my hair with my other pregs but ive had a few issues with this pregnancy so out of fear I'm not gonna dye it for my whole pregnancy

9 years ago

plus let me just ad I'm a color expert and when I asked my gp she said I could use lighter colors not dark colors when I asked why she said the lighter ones have less chemical.this is untrue as the all have the same ingredients in them so I think they honestly don't know.but if u think about it its chemicals absorbing into u scalp so it s prob not great for u.anyway its a personal choice..as I said I dyed it on my first 4 but not this time..

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo