Community post

Question

Has anyone taken progesterone supplements?

Just wondering what side effects you had from progesterone.

4 Answers • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Answers

I have been on progesterone supplements a few times (endometrin and prometrium). The two most annoying side effects for me are the mess they make and that they unnaturally prolong my cycle (up to 18 dpo without being pregnant). It is a good idea to have your dr do a blood test at some point to check for pregnancy and if negative discontinue the supplement. In addition, endometrin which is my dr's preferred supplement is not covered by our insurance and costs $980 for a three week supply. Best wishes and the Lord's blessings.

9 years ago

I'm on progesterone suppositories now. What a mess! I think my morning sickness worsens an hour after I take it. I'm only 4 weeks preg so I have a long way to go before I can stop.

9 years ago

I want to add: In cases when I got pregnant I started progesterone injections every other day. They are painful but very effective, not messy, and are usually covered by insurance.

9 years ago

I am 4 weeks 1 day pregnant and take progesterone pills, not creams or any of that. I take it to sustain a pregnancy after two miscarriages. I have never taken these pills before and wanted to see if anyone else was taking them. Insurance covers my pills so I'm so grateful and blessed for that. Praying BFP for all and healthy pregnancies! Thanks for the replies!

9 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo