Community post

Discussion

Anyone take progesterone pills to sustain pregnancy?

Just wanted to see if anyone has taken the pills to sustain a pregnancy and what side effects you had from them. I am 4wks 1d right now, praying our precious bean sticks! All praise to God for our BFP!!

2 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

Hi and congratulations for your pregnancy!!!!

I was prescribed progesterone of 100mg 3 times per day. I dont think It had any side effects, but cant be sure as I was for the first time pregnant and everything was new for me. During that pregnancy, which lasted 10 weeks, I had also a lot of dermatological problems, but I am sure that the problems were existing before pregnancy and got worst with pregnancy.
Also, even I have heard the opposite, I dint have any problem with gaining weight due to the hormones. So dont worry, about any side effects, just relax, and enjoy your pregnancy!
Best wishes!

9 years ago

I'm on Progesterone....So the doctor can help make it a stronger progesterone level. I'm only six weeks and my number is 8.9 and I read online that that's a good number for how far along I am but I'm just going with what the doctor ordered. The first day I took it I didn't really notice any difference and the second day I took it I was plum tired. He did advise me to take it at night just in case it did make me tired but I didn't do that but now I am taking it at night because it did make me tired.

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo