Community post

Question

1-2 weeks positive on clearblue digital - does this mean 4 weeks pregnant?

My period is due either tomorrow or at the latest Friday (I'm a little unsure about my exact cycle length). I got 3 positives on internet cheapies yesterday and also a clear blue digital yesterday which was 1-2weeks. Still positive this morning although the line still faint. My question is this - my last period was the 23rd April (4 weeks ago tomorrow).So am I nearly 4 weeks pregnant or 2 weeks?This is unplanned so I'm really confused. We know which weekend it was (2 weeks ago) as we thought we had had an accident. When you look at the internet though it says at 2weeks implantation is only happening. I had slight bloody (like tiny) 2 days ago and I wonder was that implantation - I had assumed period at the time - obviously not now.

3 Answers • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Answers

How many weeks pregnant is based on your last period. So technically you aren't "Pregnant" during week 1 & 2. The 1-2 conception indicator shows approximately how long since you ovulated or conceived. You would be 4 weeks pregnant based on your LMP (even though you conceived 2 weeks ago).

9 years ago

Basically u add 2 wks to the 1-2 (or 2-3, 3+ etc). Ur gestation is based on ur LMP, these tests are based on conception, which, if u have a regular 28 day cycle, puts a 1-2 at 3-4wks gestation. If u ovulate later in ur cycle or u arent on a 28 day cycle, then those numbers will vary. Example, someone with a long cycle could get a 1-2 for conception (O'd late) but their gestation could be 5, 6, 7wks. No worries, they figure out all the dates for u at ur first ultrasound, becuz not everyone has a perfect textbook cycle. Go by ur last period date as ur gestation week when calling ur doctor, once there u can explain ur sex days and he/she will go from there (most likely order a dating scan and beta's). The slight bleeding couldve been implantation, but only 30% of women have that, so there's really no way to know for sure (hormone shifts also cause bleeds)...I wouldnt worry about it, tbh.
Congrats on ur BFP! =))

9 years ago

If you weren't expecting your period for another couple days, then you are just shy of 4 weeks. If you knew the exact day you were expecting your period then that day would be your 4 weeks, but it's no big deal. Since you were expecting your period sometime between Wed & Fri I would just meet in the middle and say that Thurs is your 4 weeks. Your Dr. will give you a pretty good indication at the 6 week mark when you go for your first ultrasound, if they don't do blood work before then. Congratulations!!!

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo