Community post

Question

How common IS it to get an evap on a Clearblue Easy Plus HPT??

I am on my 4th cycle TTC after having DS In September; taking 50 mg of Clomid. I O'd on Easter, April 20th. I've got a good feeling about this month! I've been testing since 7 dpo, and quite frankly I'm SICK of staring at ICs and their "maybe" lines. I decided to get a Clearblue Easy Plus test, along with some Walmart cheapies. I used FMU with both this morning (collected it at 6:30 but didn't get to test til almost 8:00 because my son was being difficult.) The cheapie was stark white, and I was under the assumption that the CB + was too. I checked a couple hours later and there's a definite faint line. I know the rule about reading them past the time, but I just wanted to know how common ARE evaps with the CB+ test? With DS I got a very strong bfp on 10 dpo with a FRER, but I know each pregnancy is different.

Linda

3 Answers • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Answers

If it was a pink dye test, I would say you could MAYBE trust it, cuz that can happen and you be pregnant. Sometimes the line appears only a few minutes after the "discard" time but you don't know it til hours later. With blue dye tests, I wouldnt trust it because I remember doing A LOT of research a few months back when I first got pregnant and those get sooo many evaps and they have color to them that they are technically considered false positives. And it happens quite a bit. If I were you, disregard that test, and dont ever buy any kind of blue test again lol stick to pink/purple dye tests. MUCH more reliable. When you take it, since you're still early on, wait 15 minutes instead of 10 mins for a line to appear. If it doesnt then its a definite negative and test again in a few days if AF doesnt show. I only say wait 15 mins cuz again research and when I was testing, when it was still early, it took about 13 mins for my lines to appear for a few days cuz there was barely en

10 years ago

in my system for the test to register it quicky. Sorry my previous comment got cut off lol but I hope this helped. If you have ANY questions reguarding HPT tests, message me. I know a lot. I tried mentioning everything I know. I hope I didn't leave anything out. Hope this helps and again feel free to message! Let me know what happens please! GOOD LUCK!

10 years ago

Thanks! I tested this afternoon with a FRER but got a blazing bfn; it was expected since I was using diluted afternoon pee. I know it's early on so it's not a cause for concern yet, but it's hard not to get discouraged! Gonna try to hold off and only test tomorrow morning 1st thing, and then again on 11 dpo.

Linda

10 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo