Community post

Question

Possible Miscarriage

I was a week late this month. I am never late, and this month my period is very heavy and I am having sharp pain. This evening I noticed some thick mucous and with a little blood in it in the bath. TMI I know, but I am wondering if I possibly miscarried.

4 Answers • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Answers

When I miscarried at 10 weeks it was agony, woke me up at 3am. I passed the placenta which would have had the baby in it which was the size of my fist. I am not sure what an earlier miscarriage would feel like, but this was so unmistakable. I bled incredibly heavily for a few hours and then it slowed right down to even lighter than normal but lasted for a week after that. There was no mucus or anything like that with mine.

Did you track ovulation this cycle?

10 years ago

You don't say where you are in your cycle? I have bad several miscarriages and there's no question what they are. Sometimes around Ovulation I get blood tinged mucus that comes out. Please give us a little more info so that we can help.

10 years ago

I have had 2 miscarriages and I disagree with the others on not being able to miss it. The first one happened at 6 weeks and I had extreme cramping and very heavy flow with large clots for several hours. It was so bad I just sat over the toilet because I was soaking through overnight pads in a matter of 15 mins. However, the second one happened at 4w6d. If you are only a week late you would be closer to that. That one I could have completely missed if I hadn't been so closely monitored and gone in for early bloodwork because I am doing ivf. It was just like a slightly heavy period with only some small clots. It started out as just spotting and cramping. It is possible you were pregnant and never knew, a lot of misscarriages happen that way. I wish I hadn't known and just thought it was a heavy period.

10 years ago

I miscarried twice. The first time at seven weeks was obvious. The one at five weeks felt like a really heavy period, but it was a miscarriage.

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo