Community post

Question

can you ovulate the first cycle off bcp?

I stopped bcp on April 20th. Had my withdrawal bleed on April 25th. Waiting for ovulation now (should be five more days) not sure if I'll ovulate this cycle or not. FX!!

can you ovulate the first cycle off bcp?

me: 27 bf: 38 | JAN 2012 - | MAY 2014 - | JUNE 2014 - | JULY 2014 - | AUG 2014 - | SEPT 2014 - User Image

3 Answers • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Answers

You can. However, there is no way to know when you will ovulate since you don't ovulate on the pill, so you should use opk and/or temp to confirm. If you know when you ovulated prior to the pill, that may change. Your cycles may become longer or shorter. Also, you can't count your cycle length on bcp as your true cycle length because that was a medicated cycle. Birth control, having babies, etc can change all of those factors. When I stopped the pill, I didn't ovulate for about 3 months, which means I didn't have period for 3 mos. However, once I started ovulating again, I was regular like clock work and conceived right away. So, if it does take you a few months to regulate, don't panic. It's the norm and you shouldn't have any issues with fertility! Most drs do recommend that you wait until your cycles regulate to conceive, however, it is possible to get pregnant before that occurs. GL to you!

10 years ago

I've been off of bcp for five weeks. I ovulated my first cycle (verified by temps) and just got off of my period. My cycle was 27 days which was the same as it was on bcp. I'm now waiting to ovulate.... Hoping this month will be it! So yes, you can ovulate the first cycle off of bcp. Good luck!!!

10 years ago

Yes. I ovulated and ovulated two eggs. Yes, twins.

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo