Community post

Question

When should I track when I ovulated?

My last period was on Nov 17, 2013, I had a positive Ovulation on Nov 27th and another REALLY positive on Dec 7th. If all goes right I'm due for my period on Dec 15th, (5 days) from now. Should I be going by the 1st one or 2nd one? Never had two positives like this so far from one another. Can you O that late in the cycle? Just trying to see which one I should be going by..

1 Answer • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Answers

Hi there. There is no way to tell for sure you ovulated from just using OPKs. I really recommend charting your temperature if you want to know when it happens. It is the only way apart from a blood test to confirm ovulation. All the OPKs do is tell you when you have a lutenising hormone surge.

There is no latest date you can ovulate in a cycle, some women commonly ovulate CD40 or above.

For the sake of your sanity I would suggest you assume you ovulated on the later date. Otherwise you might get all disappointed when you think you are late, but really aren't. I take it from the dates you gave that you have a 16 day luteal phase? So that would mean you should only expect your period on the 25th December. But, be prepared for it on the 15th just in case!

I am also due on the 25th December. Should be interesting. Either I am going to be VERY happy that day, or terribly sad and trying to appear happy!!

Hope this cycle goes well for you :)

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo