Community post

Question

positive tests but low hcg ?

okay so this was my first month of ttc baby number 2 my last period was 27th sep and i ovulated around the 11th of oct anyway i got my first positive test at 11dpo that same day i went and got blood taken i got my results back today and they were REALLY low they were only 7 and he said 5 is 'not pregnant' im so worried has anyone ever got levels this low and still had a healthy pregnancy i have to get more blood done next sat :( going to be a really long week as its only friday i take tests everyday and the line keeps getting darker ? does that mean my levels are going up???

Poll:
had low hcg and miscarried (2 votes)
had low hcg and had a normal pregnancy (0 votes)

3 Answers • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Answers

If you got a positive urine test, your hcg-levels must have been at least 10 or 25 (depending on the test) for the test to react. 7 is very low, but 11DPO is also very early, and as long as your tests are getting stronger, I wouldn't worry too much until the next blood test is taken. Fingers crossed for you.

10 years ago

I've read a ton a stories about this recently, because I am in the same boat. My first faint positive was at 8dpo. At 10dpo, my level was 10. At 12dpo it tripled to 30. Had my 3rd done today and am waiting for the results this afternoon. Hoping for good news for us both!! As long as your lines are getting darker, they should be going up. At 10 and 11dpo, my digital was negative - and on 12dpo, it was positive. That same morning I had a blood test and that's when it came back at 30. While I don't have an answer to your question, I can tell you that there are a lot of positive stories out there with low levels starting out and healthy babies being born. You can PM me if you would like to talk! xoxo

After PCOS and a m/c in 2010... Got my first on 3/28/2013!! Hoping and wishing for a healthy & Sticky little bean!!

10 years ago

I read so many success stories online about successful pregnancies with low hcg numbers. Unfortunately it did not work out in my favor and I had very similar numbers. First beta was 5, second was 16 (doubling time of 28 hours), third was 43 (doubling time of 31 hours) but then the 4th was only 76 (doubling time of 88 hours) and the 5th dropped back down to 37 so I miscarried. I really hope you are one of the lucky ones with a positive outcome! Good Luck!

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo