Community post

Question

PCOS; When do I see a Doctor?

I have always had an irregular cycle. Sometimes I'll go so long I can't remember the last time I had a period. I'll have light spotting from time to time, but nothing more than seeing pink on the tissue maybe once or twice throughout the day.

I also have only ever had one positive OPK (taken daily for 90+ days before). I'm hoping through BBT I'll find out OPKs don't work for me, and CM charting seems to point at constant fertility (is almost always watery).

I fear since I just began actively TTC again seeing a dr now would just get me turned away with "keep trying, come back in six months".

We have never used any form of contraceptives throughout our entire 8 year relationship, and the fact that I have -never- been pregnant, regardless of trying and not-not trying, means something may be wrong.

It's not DH, he's been tested. I'm scared, but I would rather get something done about it now rather than go through another 6 months of heart break. :c

Poll:
Go now (7 votes)
Something may be wrong, but not PCOS (1 votes)
Wait 6 months active TTC (0 votes)

1 Answer • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Answers

Yes it certainly sounds like hormonal imbalance :( I have pcos and I know it really sucks but it can be relatively easy to treat. This is my personal experience/opionion. If you have decent health coverage not sure if you're in the states or not but personally I'd skip the ob (they probably will just refer you anyway) and go straight for an endocrinologist. OB's really are limited in their testing abilities but an endcrinologist will test for EVERYTHING! With my endo was the one who diagnosed my pcos and also my hypothyroidism but I've know I've that my whole life lol I was seem within a month and got on meds that started my period in about a month :) GO NOW you don't have to wait for this kind of testing. They should listen and at least do testing just explain your af irregularities :) Good luck I hope you find out what is causing it!

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo