Community post

Question

Anyone have experience of input regarding anxiety meds while TTC??

Hi everyone!

I have always struggled with anxiety, and am on Busbar right now which is a daily anxiety med that is safe for pregnancy. So i'm okay with that. BUT I have extreme anxiety surrounding public speaking so I specifically use Xanex for those occasions. I had a really big presentation today at work that I was extremely nervous about so I asked my doctor if It would be okay to take some for that since I am 7DPO right now. She told me it would be okay to take 1/2 - 1 tablet. So I took 3/4 of a tablet. Think they are 1 mg for each tablet.

I'm just a little concerned that if I am pregnant it will somehow cause a miscarriage, unhealthy pregnancy, or unhealthy baby. Which of course is upsetting because if that does happen i would feel so guilty due to taking these meds. It was only once and my doctor approved so maybe it's fine.

But was wondering if any of you have any experience with this or insight you could share? It would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks! :)

2 Answers • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Answers

I had to slowly wean myself off of paxil, it was a mental struggle for me. With buspar did you doctor say that if you become pregnant you will have to stop taking the drug at the end of your pregnancy? From what I read they take you off the medication right before you have the baby, i am guessing they do not want the baby to have withdrawl symptoms. As far as xanex goes I am not sure how that will effect you right now being you are only 7dpo but remember if you do become pregnant you will then have an amazing reason to not take Xanax and hopefully be able to conquer that fear. I know all to well how anxiety and panic attacks feel like. It is very scarey. I don't think taking the xanex will negatively affect anything, in the beginning the baby is thriving off of the placenta. Good luck and I hope you get your bfp! and concur anxiety as well :)

10 years ago

Thank you for responding! My doctor didnt tell me about taking me off Busbar at the end of pregnancy but i'll be okay doing that. The biggest thing is fear of public speaking at my job! I absolutely hate it. Fortunately for the most part I only do it in May and June when I have to present a couple times per day for my new student orientations. I am an academic advisor at a college. This one today was an odd one out that I had to do at a staff meeting. So basically after today, I wont have to deal with public speaking for another year when orientation rolls around again! Whew! So i'll be okay being completely off it for a long while. That's really the only thing I ever take it for. I was just concerned that it would somehow harm my pregnancy IF I was pregnant right now and wasnt aware of it since i'm in my TWW. But I guess 7DPO is so early that It's okay. Thank you thank you for the reassurance! That makes me feel much better! :)

10 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo