Community post

Question

Should I give up or retest?

Sorry I dont know all the ebreviations yet so I am going to have to ask with full words. LOL My last period was Dec. 31st I calculated ovulation and we tried each of those days. I am now if I calculated correctly 10days past ovulation... I took 2 tests one last night very faint pink line.. took one this morning with FMU and same thing line was a tad bit darker both looked positive. Went to DR got blood test - came back negitive. Should I give up for this month or wait it out a few more days and retest? I dont like the waiting game... so if there is hope I would like to try and test again tomorrow or Friday. Please help thanks

4 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Answers

Blood tests are more accurate than urine tests. I would trust what the doctor said. I could be 100% wrong but 10 days dpo seems a little early for a test. I hope everything works out for you

Rebecca

11 years ago

10 dpo is a bit early, as implantation usually occurs around 9 dpo. Pregnancy tests detect certain levels of the hormone hCG, so without it, you'll get bfn's. Most tests are accurate around 13-14 dpo, which is usually the first day of your period (or missed one if you're pregnant). It's also possible that you ovulated later in your cycle than you think, so it could be way too early to test. The only way to really know for sure when you ovulated is by either charting your temperature every morning (bbt) or by using ovulation predictor kits (opks).
If it were me, I'd give it a few more days and then retest. Granted, blood tests are usually more accurate than urine, but if you were tested too early, it could still be a false negative.

A+C Married since 3/29/12!!! TTC #1 (seriously) since May 2012

11 years ago

DON'T GIVE UP! I had two positive pregnancy tests with my daughter. I went to the doctor the next day and they said my test was negative. I was so frustrated! I waited about 2 more days and took three more (different brands) they all said positive! I was even more confused! I called the doctor back and they suggested that I get a blood test so I did...negative!! I again waited and took another test at home...positive! I went back to the doctor again a couple days later and they finally confirmed that I was pregnant. My SIL in a nurse and she said that home pregnancy tests are far more sensitive that the ones they use at the doctor's office. I suggest waiting a few more days testing again and then calling them back for a blood test. Good Luck!!

11 years ago

Thanks so much ladies... I had a urnine test and a blood test done at the DR's office and they were both negitive, so confusing considering 2 test I took at home were positive. Thank you all so much for the encouragement I will test again in a few days Ill update as soon as I know FORSURE. ugh I do not like waiting game, not that anyone does. :)

11 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo