Community post

Discussion

Clomid and twins help..

Good Morning Ladies.. We have been trying to conceive for over a year now, he was diagnosed with low sperm count. I just started the process of Clomid, take my first pill on Thursday then we wait for O day and head in for artificial insemination .... I have had numerous people tell me including the dr that Clomid increases your chances for multiple babies... I actually know 2 ladies that have had twins due to clomid.. have any of you known someone that has NOT had twins while taking clomid??

5 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Replies

The majority of women I know who have taken clomid have NOT had twins. It does increase ur chances, but really not by much, like 10% over non-medicated cycles. Once u start getting in to injectables, then ur rates go wayyy up!

10 years ago

Thanks for that, It was making me real nervous! Not that I would have changed my mind but boy o boy would that have been something crazy. :) I have 2 sets of twins on my dads side, my dad being one of them and he has 2 sets of twins on his dads side. Not sure that makes our chances any stronger but the more you think about it the more you worry I guess. :)

10 years ago • Post starter

Awww, dont worry about it. I believe that fraternals are required on ur mom's side for it to affect u...identicals is something u cant control cuz its an extra division of the cells early on and we cant control that whatsoever. The lower ur dose of clomid, the less likely u are to ovulate more than one egg, the days u take it can affect it as well, but all-in-all, dont stress it. Tbh, u have more of a chance to not get preg at all than u do to get twins. Not trying to be negative! =))

Whats days and dose are u on? I did 5 rounds of it, FINALLY got my on round 5 @ 150mg.

10 years ago

I am finished with the Clomid. I am on cycle day 10... i think I need to start testing for ovulation on day 12 right?? I was giving a rx for 3 months.. I was told that if it didnt work within that time frame we would decuss another option.. would assume that would be injections. ??
I have only one ovary, all though that is all you need but still gives us a tiny disadvantage along with the fibroid I have the low sperm motility... oh and my age.. who knew 35 was "old" !! :( I am not old... ha ha haa

10 years ago • Post starter

My sister in law had twins on clomid! I also have fibroids but my doc said to just try naturally and not have survey at all until we try. She said if it's not broken don't fix it :) this is our first real month ttc. @ 3 dpo I'm on the tww!

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo