Community post

Question

bfp getting fainter

I'm 13 dpo today and this is the third day I took a test. All three days with the same brand of test and with fmu. at 11dpo, the line appeared a few seconds after the waiting time and it was very faint.
12dpo: the line appeared again a few seconds after the waiting time, but it became darker over the next few minutes.
did a digital test later that day, it said pregnant.
13dpo: the line appeared 1.5 minutes before end of waiting time, but the line was again as faint as 11dpo.

Should I worry?

2 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Answers

You shouldnt worry yet. Concentration could be a little different even if it is fmu. Also remember sometimes even with the same brand of test, sometimes the sensitivities of each of the tests can be a little different so keep that in mind with the line coloring. I would test again with the same test brand you have been using maybe tomorrow or at least the next day. I prob would do it 48 hours after your 13 dpo test. If the line is even fainter then I might start being concerned. If its the same as 13 dpo there most likely isnt something to worry about, but I might call the doc and see what they say. Most docs are pretty quick to just confirm everything is the way it should be and order blood work. So I would wait it out until 15 dpo and see what line progression there might be. From there you will know how to proceed. Be patient until then though:) The bestest of luck to you and keep your head high until told otherwise. YOURE LIKELY JUST FINE:)

11 years ago

I don't think I would be so quick to say "you're likely just fine." I know people lean towards being positive on these boards but the boards are also filled with women who have had chemical pg and miscarriages. I had a chemical last month and over 2-3 days, the line did not get darker.

Everything could be all right, though we all like to see the lines getting darker. Unfortunately,now it becomes another waiting game to see what the next few days results are like. Personally, I don't like being told "be positive, it's going to be fine!" when I've had 2 mc and one chemical pg in one year. People gave me false hope only to have to deal with the really bad news later.

Everything could be fine, but I would wait until you see fairly dark lines before you start thinking "pregnant." Just makes it easier to deal with emotionally if it doesn't work out. Again, this is coming from someone who's been on the negative end of things. Hope you get a DARK BFP soon

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo