Community post

Question

Implantation bleeding or af?

I am currently 8dpo. Last night i started cramping heavily and had some bright red blood. This has carried on this morning with the cramping being very painful. At times, the blood will seem to be just a dark red or brown color and at other times its bright red. My period is usually like clockwork and this is about a week early for me? Could this be ib or af? I should mention that i mc in october at 11wks. Any advice would be great, thanks!

5 Answers • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Answers

I had a mmc at 16 weeks and my cycles didn't go back to normal for 11 weeks, it could be an irregular period due to your mc. Sorry for your loss I know how difficult it is especially a later mc x

Mummy to Skyla & Joey

8 years ago

your cycles may still be off after mc, sounds like af to me

8 years ago

I guess i have to accept that its most likely af. The intensity of the cramping in my lower abdomen and back are much like my mc. Wondering if thats normal? Maybe i should see a doctor? Dont normally have such awful pain with af, but who knows lol

8 years ago • Post starter

the cycles can get weird for a bit after a miscarriage
it could also be that there were still some rests that you are getting rid off now
(11 weeks are far ahead, so sorry for your loss, i miscarried/had a d&c at 9 weeks 10 weeks ago. and still have not had any period, probably because my Asherman's is back)
i'd say if it does not get better in 2 days or if you feel like you are loosing too much blood then go to see your doctor on friday at the latest, not to leave it for the weekend

8 years ago

You may be passing tissue which wasn't passed when you had your mc, I would see a doctor to make sure that all of it has passed as with my mc at 16 weeks I had an infection as not all of the tissue passed, I had none stop bleeding for 11 weeks , was awful! I hope it doesn't last too long for u. I fell pregnant with my healthy one year old 4 months after my late mc. GL x

Mummy to Skyla & Joey

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo