Community post

Question

Is it him? Is it me? Is it us?

I have two DS already. I have met my prince charming and we've been trying to conceive for 5 cycles now with no success. We have used Preseed for the last month and are very fit, healthy and non-smoking or drinking people.

At what point do you start to consider there could be something wrong? Clearly I can get pregnant (it didn't take long with either before) and he hasn't had children before so we aren't sure from his end. His father has a low sperm count but it's not hereditary.

Do you ladies who are trying always assume it's you too? Anyone offer any helpful hints or stories?

4 Answers • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Answers

It can take healthy couples up to a year of trying until they finally get pregnant, and that is considered normal. Every pregnancy is different, so just because you were able to get pregnant quickly the first two times doesn't mean it will happen that way again. It took me 11 months, but I know plenty of people who got pregnant within the first few cycles of trying. Each cycle, even with perfect timing, healthy couples only have a 20-25% chance of conceiving. Don't lose hope yet, the odds are that you are both fine. If you have been trying for over a year (or over 6 months if you are over 35), then you should look into things further because there could be an issue. I know it seems like a long time, but it really isn't. Good luck to you:-) I hope you have lots of baby dust sprinkling your way soon!

12 years ago

Hi ya Ruby. congrats on meeting prince charming :) !!
I think It depends on how old you are hun and how regular your cycles are? They usually say someone with no medical issues should seek help after 1 year at the age of 30 - or 6 months If you have medical issues. They say at 35 you should only wait 6 months irrespective. Do you track your cycles? or do you track bbt? IF not Id recommend doing that as well as using ovulation predictor kits (opks) as then you can really pinpoint ovulation and see where your fertile window is . Good luck hunni. hope it happens for you real soon x x x

12 years ago

I'm 29 and he's 31. I'm like a textbook! Have 28/27 day cycles with EWCM mid month and ovulation pains. Sometimes it makes it harder as there's no real reason why it's not happening. This next cycle I'm going to revert to "doing" nothing. No charts, no OPKs and just enjoy my prince, the occasional cup of coffee and the odd vodka! If it's going to take the next 6 months I'd rather enjoy that time, and enjoy my man! Easier said than done though ;-) xx

12 years ago • Post starter

Took my bf and I 2 years, and our first IUI. There is nothing wrong with either one of us. We have had all the tests to prove it. It just never happend for us naturally. His sperm and my egg needed a lil push to meet. So there is not always somthing really wrong.... Good luck! Baby dust.

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo