Community post

Question

Trust your body, the computer or OPKs?!

I am on my 5th cycle trying for #3 with my new partner. I never thought it would take this long! I am a textbook case of having a 27/28 day cyle, have 2 days of EWCM around days 10-12 and have tender boobs etc around "ovulation". This month (I still have 5 days till AF is due) I bought some internet OPK strips as the CLearblue ones in the shops are so expensive. I tested from day 8 to 14 of my cycle and never got a positive. In fact there was barely a second line at all.

But I had the EWCM and the ovulation calculator clearly predicts my fertile days around the middle of the month. This month we also used preseed for the first time.

I couldn't feel less pregnant this month! I have absolutely no symptoms at all. I am wondering if anyone else has had negative OPKs? Do you go with your body or your cycle? Or just trust that you are ovulating? I am going to try charting next month and after that go to the doctors as I know a period does not equal ovulation???

7 Answers • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 7 of 7 Answers

I'm the same as u rubyred, trying for no.3..fell first month with both my other 2 and expected it to be the same this time round. Now on 3rd cycle, am also trying a preseed equivalent with opk sticks, b6 and green tea! I have tried to do the checking of the cervix..not really sure what I should be feeling for lol! I'm now on cycle day 7..what are u on? Hope it happens for u soon!

12 years ago

I'm on CD22. It's amazing how the months have passed! My biggest fear has always been that I would meet my prince charming and we'd really, really want a baby together and wouldn't be able to. I am in fear each month that this may be the case. I'm generally pretty calm about it but it gets to the last few days and I just wait and worry. I tend to be ok once the AF is here its the not knowing and still having a teeny chance that gets me.

I know I'm out this month as had no symptoms at all. Plus another close friend announced a pregnancy yesterday so it's all pretty grim right now! X

12 years ago • Post starter

Spooky! I am back with my first love from 13 years ago..and have the same fear! He so wants to a dad and I feel panicky that its me even though I've had two previously. My luteal phase is only 9 days hence the b6 apparently it works quickly so I'm hoping it will be longer this time. Also one of my best friends has told me she is pregnant, it would be so great to go through it together but as u know..as each month passes it gets more frustrating! I keep thinking maybe its my age this time or some other sinister reason...its enough to drive u Potty! I'm positive things are meant to happen when they are meant to..so ill throw u some positive thinking lol! X

12 years ago

Yes you too!! My DP thinks its biology and no matter what, whether I drink beer, coffee or use pressed, what will be will be. That's fine but then when he feels I'm stressing about it he says I should just relax!! I'm not neurotic about it but having seen how some women test in here and take them apart and frantically chart everything, they get pregnant!!! I also had a shell shock moment today thinking hold on! Why am I beating myself up when it could well be him. Why punish myself?! I had a c section last time (5 years ago) and I heard that can hinder implantation?

It's getting to the point where I don't want to try anymore :-( x

You never know..it might well be him..as it might be my partner..unless they have children themselves or u go past the 12 month stage so u can get tests done u just dont know! Maybe giving up mentally is when it will happen..when u least expect it. I haven't had a c section so I'm afraid I have no advice on that one..although I'm sure that u have a good a chance as any even though u have had one..5 years is a good time to heal! My two girls are 8 and 4 and a half..how about u? X

12 years ago

They are 7 and 5. Boys! I have an appointment at the doctors tomorrow, a female! ;-) Just to talk through a few things and get some accurate and personalised information regarding my body and my cycles and get some reassurance. I am in London so it's easier to go along for a bit of a chat. Although I also know that if there was something wrong, with either of us, as I have children we would not get any help for funding IVF etc.

I am way ahead of myself!! It will happen, of course it will. We both are still under the 6 month bracket. So that's good. My DP works away all week so the frustrating part for me is that we could be missing the O days by a day or so and I am left doing all the wondering etc throughout the week as I am bored without him! Think I would be a lot more chilled if we didn't have to worry about timings and for him to be here and so I would have other things to think about! x

Ahh working away must be a bind! I can understand your frustrations! I didn't know that about the ivf if u already have children but I guess it makes sense just unfortunate for people like us! I was thinking about going docs even just to empty my mind of silly questions..I had an abnormal smear a couple of years ago and had to have a coloscopy which flared up pre cancerous cells and they had to sear part if my cervix to get rid of them..I'm wondering if that might affect things. I'm in devon..bit more slow paced than where u are lol..maybe my partners sperm are just laidback! :) hope it goes ok at docs, can always message me if u need a friendly ear x

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo