Community post

Question

Signs of ovulation two separate times in one cycle...I'm so confused!!!

I track by my CM. Usual for me is 3-5 days of EWCM, acne, then some ovulation twinges. Last week on CD 12 I had EWCM, twinges on my side and had an outbreak of acne. The EWCM only lasted for an hour! Now fast forward to CD 18 and I just had more EWCM and had a new outbreak of acne today! Now my periods are very irregular but I KNOW when I ovulate, so this month has been very confusing. DH and I have had some good BD'ing on CD's 11,12,13, and 17. So maybe all the bases are covered?! LOL

June 9, 2006 Gave birth to handsome little boy February 2, 2007 November 19, 2009 Gave birth to beautiful little girl July 14,2010 Waiting now for my 3rd

2 Answers • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Answers

Women often believe that ovulation occurs mid-cycle. It actually occurs 12-16 days before the next period. So, although a woman with a 28 day cycle may ovulate mid-cycle (between day 12 and day 16), a woman with a 36 day cycle will ovulate between day 20 and day 24.

For women with a regular cycle, an easy way to approximate the time of ovulation is to subtract 16 from the number of days in the cycle and then add 4. This will calculate the span of days in which ovulation is most likely to occur. For instance, a woman with a 22 day cycle is most likely to ovulate between days 6 and 10 of her cycle (22-16 = 6 (+4 =10).

~ Nissy ~ User Image

12 years ago

I wish that was hepful for me, but my periods are anywhere from 30 day cycle to 3 to 4 months apart. When I conceived my son I hadn't had a period in 4 months....so missing a period doesn't tell me I'm pregnant LOL. And estimating ovulation based on my next period won't really work for me either.

June 9, 2006 Gave birth to handsome little boy February 2, 2007 November 19, 2009 Gave birth to beautiful little girl July 14,2010 Waiting now for my 3rd

12 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo