Community post

Question

i gave in

i gave in and took a pregnancy test at 11dpo it was negitive. But it was very light lighter then the "it worked" line. so idk. So i probably won't be baring a child this month we have been TTC for about 8 months now. My mother wants me to conceive before my father's health begins to drop rapidly like expected. I'm losing hope & feel like im running out of time.
My question is Was it too early or should i give up.

6 Answers • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 6 of 6 Answers

Okay firstly it is called the Control Line. Secondly how is it negative if you had a second line lighter than the control line? The tests and websites state clearly that if there is a second line no matter how faint it is considered a positive result and you need to have blood work done to confirm. And lastly how can it be too late at 11 dpo? The tests are not even considered as giving accurate NEGATIVE results before you actually skip your period for the month????? I find it hard to believe that you have been TTC for 8 months but are completely unaware of these most basic facts. I think that you need to do some serious reading and go see a doctor before you even carry on with TTC. As if your foundations are not right you will never get pregnant. Good luck,

12 years ago

i think you are confused with opk's and pregnancy tests. Get somebody to help u read the instructions. Any second line on the pregnancy test means you are pg. Get a digital clear blue, its much easier to read.

User Image" class="img-responsive" alt="User image">

12 years ago

First of all, Mia ~ don't give up. Secondly, to Impatient - not everyone is informed and it's up to her to discuss this with her doctor to be better informed. Her question was should she have waited to test - she didn't ask for a lecture. This shouldn't be a place where anyone should feel that they can't ask a question and find support. I've been TTC for a year, and there is still a lot that is confusing about trying to make everything just right to make it happen, especially after mc's - so take a breath before you attack someone for simply looking for support.

12 years ago

I agree about impatient101's comment, it is rude and uncalled for.
Mia, sounds to me that you are pregnant, any positive line is a positive result. Wait a few more days and retest to see if you get a darker line or have your doctor test you so you can know for sure.

12 years ago

it was negitive the test was if pregnant it will have a + & it had a - but ill wait a few days. & as for impatient. don't start with me this isnt a place to be rude & idiotic grow up (: thanks ladies for the advice. but better luck next time (:

12 years ago • Post starter

i did responce test,was very faint line,did digital,came back not pregnant,any answers to this?

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo