Posts by newlywed_katie

Success stories  

A friendly and supportive place to meet and share with women from all over the world. Ask questions, share in discussions, journal your thoughts and post helpful information.

Posts 1 - 10

Success story

Dreams can come true!

9 cycles later and we finally got pregnant!

My husband and I have wanted to get pregnant even before our wedding in June 2012. At first I seemed to be really obsessed with charting and every little symptom made me think I could be pregnant. I was started to get annoyed with myself! This last month TTC we only had sex one time before I ovulated. YES ONE TIME lol. The next morning I took a ovulation test (clear blue digital) and saw the smiley face. I figured, well, we baby danced last night so we should be good. If not, I guess next month will be a better go at it. I didn't think anymore about it and honestly thought what are the chances with one time....

Just over a week ago my grandpa passed away. With all of the funeral arrangements and family time I didn't seem to pay any attention as to if I could possibly get pregnant this time. I'm Irish Catholic so the days leading up to the funeral were filled with a little partying:) it was a very emotional few days.

Aside from that, after returning home just a few days later was to be my expected period. So I decided to take an HPT right away when I woke up. I used the cheapie dollar store one - much better idea when TTC, saves money - and started brushing my teeth. I glanced down and saw the test line was there!! Holy crap! I woke my husband up immediately and had him check it out too. We were super excited and decided let's get through the day and take another cheapie when I got home. The line was even darker later that day and only holding my pee for 3 1/2 hours! Just to confirm, I took a clear blue digital the next morning and it said pregnant. Yahooooo!!

I didn't have any pregnancy symptoms that I knew of, just the missed period. But looking back i was pretty tired the days leading up to the BFP. I have had the brown spotting when I wipe for the past three days. And my boobs are sore and already growing. I also had my first feeling of nausea on Saturday morning. i'm a little more exhausted than usual, and that is only going to get worse! Our first docotors appointment isn't until 3/22, so I'm just hoping and praying the little beam will stick!

I believe everything happens for a reason. My husbands 30th birthday is next Friday and all he ever kept saying is he wanted to have a baby before he was 31. :) his dreams are coming true, just like mine are. Now if we can only fool our friends and family for a month... This will be hard with his surprise birthday party - sprite with lime!

Keep your heads up and try to stay positive. I never thought I would get the chance to write my story, but now I have. I truly hope each and everyone of you have your dreams answered very soon too!

Lots of love,
Xoxo Katie

0 Comments      

Latest 11 years ago

No more pages