Posts by sunshinebear711

Success stories  

A friendly and supportive place to meet and share with women from all over the world. Ask questions, share in discussions, journal your thoughts and post helpful information.

Posts 1 - 10

Success story

BFP on Mother's Day, Baby on Jan 18th.

My husband and I discussed everything going on in our lives and we began TTC in August of 2011. Month after month I had different symptoms and my cycles were between 28 and 35 days in length. My doctor told me to lose 90 lbs and to try for ayear before he would step in with fertility help.

By May of 2012 I was so frustrated and sad with ttc that I gave up everything. I didn't chart my temps, I didn't follow a calendar, I didn't take any supplements. When my anticipated af date came and went, I still was getting BFNs. I was so frustrated and sad because I started having some cramping and thought AF was going to arrive, just a week late. When Mother's Day arrived and there was still no AF, I took my last dollar store test and there it was. A faint pink line. Woke my husband up at 6:45 am and he told me to go get another test to be sure and to wake him up later. A digital test and a First Response test later were both positive. :-)

A week after my BFP I started spotting. We went to the ER and they told me it was highly possible it was a miscarriage and that there was nothing they could do. Two weeks, 3 ultrasounds, and 4 doctor appointments later we were in the clear.

On August 24th we found out we were having a little girl. The precious little angel we were hoping for.

As my due date came and went I was getting frustrated with being pregnant. Two days past I went to my biweekly dr appointment and mentioned I was having a headache. The midwife sent me to the hospital for some labs. Once there they admitted me to the Snuggery and started some tests. With a high blood pressure the midwife on call said they were going to start me on pitocin the next morning at 8:30 am. They started me on a cervix ripening tablet. After the third dose at 2:45am my contractions were coming close and infrequently. Three in a row and then a break for ten minutes. Then another two and a break for five. I asked for some pain medication and was able to make it until my next vitals check at 4:45am. I was finally 3cm! I called my husband to come sit with me.

Since I was on IV magnesium to prevent a seizure and to keep my bp down, I was confined to bed and my birth plan was out the window. Since I was stuck in bed, I said I would like an epidural but would need to be 4cm. The RN had me turn onto my side and rest my leg up on the table to move the baby and 20 minutes later I couldn't handle the pain and asked for the epidural. When she checked me, I was 9cm. In her words, "No epidural for you!" I had to wait 15 more minutes for the midwife to arrive and then about an hour and a half later my perfect little girl was on my chest staring up at me with wide, alert blue eyes. After four and a half hours of labor with only one dose of pain killers I had my Squeaker. 6lbs, 12.8oz. 20 inches long. Didn't make a perfect APGAR score only due to being a little pale.

Molly is now 3 weeks old and I can't imagine life without her. She is already holding her head up a little and my little peanut is growing and changing every day. I really think giving up on my obsession of charting and tracking helped relax my body enough so that it figured out what it was supposed to do.

Thanks to all the ladies on this site who were so supportive during all the months of trying. I keep checking back on everyone hoping to hear about more babies... :-)

0 Comments      

Latest 11 years ago

No more pages