Posts by Bens10

Success stories  

A friendly and supportive place to meet and share with women from all over the world. Ask questions, share in discussions, journal your thoughts and post helpful information.

Posts 1 - 10

Success story

one year later..

Today, my dream came true; I was finally told I am pregnant!!
I only found out an hour or so ago... so I still can't believe it. It has been a hard road getting here.

With my diagnosis of PCOS, I knew getting pregnant may not be easy. But I still entered this process naively. We tried naturally for 8 months at which point my Dr. said we could talk about infertility help (because of my age, 32 and PCOS). So we started out with an HSG procedure, which came out fine. No problems. Then DH got a SA and we were told he has low motility - they suggested IUI.

So we went to clomid and IUI. The first cycle, I took 50 mg. of clomid and produced 1 mature follicle. It resulted in a failed IUI.

After that, I had to take 2 months off due to a very large cyst on my left ovary.

The following cycle, I took 100 mg of clomid and produced 2 mature follicles. It resulted in a failed IUI. I was devastated!

This cycle started off different right from the very beginning... Because I was monitoring my cycle, I had to go for b/w and u/s on day CD12. If you have never had an internal ultrasound, you get to see you follicles as they form. Well on this particular morning, I left vacation to go to the fertility clinic. Once I got into the u/s, the technician started on my right ovary. There was a BEAUTIFUL follicle forming, perfectly shaped. And intuitively I said, "that is going to be my baby". I knew in that moment.

The day of the IUI, my NP said I had 3 mature follicles and my DH sperm looked fantastic... the stars aligned. I went home, put a pillow under my bottom and stayed that way most of the day. I kept it stress free and positive.

12 DPO, today, I went in for blood work. I was anxious all day. Finally, my NP called to give me the good news! baby dust to you all! It will happen!

0 Comments      

Latest 12 years ago

No more pages