Community post

Discussion

TTC in your 40's & My Dr appt this morning!!

Hello again out there! 11dpo here. All symptoms point to good, but hpt's up to yesterday are all bfn. Had appt with OB this morning. Urine test there is negative. I'm 38, healthy, normal cycles, mom to a 13 yr old boy from 1st husband, trying to conceive with my husband now. Obviously I hoped to have a blood test and have results today with a ++ and a yay congratulations. Didn't happen. Although my doc said all symptoms look positive, she wants to test for thyroid and any pre-menapause issues. It seemed like she was talking more about the possiblility of a problem rather then a possible pregnancy. Totally bummed. Of course she says wait til Friday and see if AF comes and should have the blood tests back by then as well. Uugh! How many "close to 40" mommies are out there? Did you have problems conceiving or even during your pregnancies?? In need of encouragement but also truth, good or bad.

5 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Replies

AF reared her ugly head tonight!

12 years ago • Post starter

hi there come join us on "anyone 38 or older trying to conceive". We are 35+ and find a unity with women our age sharing our perspective of TTC.

Justine

User Image

12 years ago

Hi ladys, just wondering if i can jump in on this thread, im in the first day of yet another two week wait!
Im 41 and have two beautiful boys one is 18yrs old the other is 2yrs old.
I had a mmc in July last year and have been ttc with no luck since.
Baby d ust to all xx

12 years ago

Hi Ladies:

I'm Faith. 37yo with a 13yo son. Been trying for over a year now since missed miscarriage last April and nothing. I had a chemical pregnancy the cycle in between the D&C and my first AF after but nothing since then. It's really frustrating. I've done the SOY ISO, EPO, the clomid, the BBT (still doing) and the preseed.

I just don't get it - I was able to get pregnant before - why not now???? It just makes NO sense.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersNotes:

12 years ago

I LOVED seeing 2 red lines today - too bad it's just the ovulation predicter, funny! But hey another time to try and another wait & see. Looking forward to it.

12 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo