Community post

Discussion

Depression

After suffering a miscarriage in November of last year, I have struggled on & off with depression. We have a beautiful 3 year old son, but I so desperately want to add to our family.

When I was pregnant last time, I had a mysterious pain that just didnt feel RIGHT. (Which, subsequently ended in the m/c) Since then, the same exact pain has returned and I cant seem to get pregnant again. We have been TTC *seriously* since February. I know this isnt long, but I cant seem to shake the negative worry, that something is wrong. Dr couldnt find anything wrong, but Im going back again next Friday.

Also, found out my SIL is expecting her first, and is holding a gender reveal party. Cant help but feel jealousy, anger, and depression. Is this normal??

How long did it take your body to adjust after a M/C?

Sorry for the vent! My DH is sick of hearing me complain and be depressed.

3 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

I hear you, sister
I just had a missed miscarriage and d&c on march 2nd.
I never had any negative feelings neither pains so discovering that there is no heartbeat at 11 weeks scan was complete shock...it was very hard...
sadness/feeling low (connected to mc) comes and go
I just concentrate on the blessings I have, luckily I have beutiful healthy children (they are big); so for me talking to them, doing things together helps a lot

also rigorous exercising - when I feel depressed I forced myself to pool or running outside and I ll do it till it hurts - but it subsides the internal/emotional/ pain

take a trip, if there is chance for you to do it - it should help too

it's sad but men deal with the grief differently, if you feel like you have to share with dh - let him now beforehand - I don't expect you to fix anything, I just need shoulder to cry on, I do understand that you don't like it but I know you love me and you can handle it -- and then you can express all you sorrow

I hope things get better

12 years ago

I know how hard it is, i found out beggining february i was pregnant with only faint positives and it stayed faint the whole month but i did have a period in february lasted 4 days.. and when i went to hospital they told me negative test and blood test.. i just felt like crying i couldn't just keep the pain inside! It makes me jealous as well when other girls get pregnant.. but keep your head up and try :D and don't think about it that's what i am doing for this cycle. my boyfriend is happy to see that i am not even thinking about it and letting it happen.. anyways luck to you and sorry for your lost :(

User Image User Image Stick baby stick i love you already Lost an angel on may 24th 2012 at 5w4d You will not be forgotten

12 years ago

Hi Shashua,

Just wanted to let you know that your not on your own; i felt exactly the same when I m/c'd 2.5 years ago... The feelings come and go, even now.

Be thankful you have your beautiful 3 year old.

People around you don't tend to understand how you're feeling unless they've been through it before; so these forums are a brilliant place to come for reassurance, to vent, talk things through with other women who have been through the same, know how you feel and probably are feeling the same way.

You will get through this in your own time, don't rush your grief, and don't let anyone else rush you through it. It will get easier... In the mean time, if you need to talk, feel free to PM me :)

Chin up, take one day at a time, xx

RIP Angel 10.2009 xx

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo