Community post

Discussion

Clomid first round 50mg or 100mg??

Hello all,

PCOS suffer, I lost a lot of weight and feel pregnant with DS in 2015 with no help after 10 years of trying.

I've now still carrying 2 extra stone of "baby weight" and my cycles are all over the place. Roughly 35 - 40 days with vitex help. We have been trying for a year and a half for baby 2 with no luck. I had my day 21 results and my progesterone was 10.

From these results my doctor has given us 3 rounds of clomid to be taken days 2-6. I have enough to take 100mg each cycle but she has said to do 50mg...

After much reading it seems 50mg doesn't work for most... should I take 100mg?

I'm not having follow up scans or 21 bloods... I have just been told to go back after the 3 rounds if I'm not pregnant.

1 Reply • 6 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

definitely dont take 100mg if you havent been instructed to.

hyper stimulation can occur with 100mg, so they usually prescribe 50mg to start, and they will reevaluate throughout your cycles.

i did 4 months of 50mg and recently was upped to 100mg and am finally ovulating successfully!

U N I C O R N U A T E • U T E R U S ! 1X wild 2 year old boy. Hoping for baby #2. 18 months trying. 100mg clomid 6 months. Ivf commencing august 2017.

6 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo