Community post

Discussion

Irregular Cycles

Hi Ladies. I haven't really heard any talk about it, so I am wondering if any of you have irregular menstrual cycles? Myself as an example, I can go months without getting mine. When I got pregnant with my daughter, I hadn't gotten my period since October, found out I was pregnant Christmas Eve that same year.. but turned out I was only 3 weeks pregnant. So I know I still ovulate, but it must be very sporatic. This is very frustrating and confusing when it comes to trying to conceive! We weren't trying when we conceived our daughter. But this time around we are in fact trying and it is just driving me crazy. My last menstrual cycle was 12/14/11. I have taken pregnancy tests almost once a week since the 10th of January and I am not pregnant. I just started my OPK on Sunday, and just by chance I happened to be at my LH surge Sunday and yesterday, so we will see what happens! I am just so confused.. can anyone else relate?

7 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 7 of 7 Replies

I too have irregular cycles from between 50cd to 70cd but I to know that I ovulate as I have been pregnent twice now bud sadly ended in MC. The worst part about having long cycles is waiting such a long time for that O date and knowing that there is not much you can do until then. All while everyone else has had 2 O to your 1. Oh well there is not much we can do but wait... and at least we know we can get pregnant :)

User Image User Image

12 years ago

I've never had regular cycles. Its quite annoying at times. I have two children, so I CAN conceive but it can get tricky as to WHEN! Lol. Its not like I can try again next month....it could be 3 months! My last cycle was 80some days. But I have noticed that 2 weeks before AF I have a few days of EWCM....so when I notice it I attack my DH. Hehee!

June 9, 2006 Gave birth to handsome little boy February 2, 2007 November 19, 2009 Gave birth to beautiful little girl July 14,2010 Waiting now for my 3rd

12 years ago

Have any of you ladies thought to talk to your doctors about that .i had kinda the same problem ,but I had a reason and just not knew it .I found out back in 07 i was type two diabetic ,and that cause my cycles to come every 4 months or so .a doctor can give you a pill yes it helps control blood sugar but at the same time woman take it to help there cycles every month , it's called metaformin and it can help ,it can also make u O .I would talk with your doctor about it cause why wait every 2 or even 4 months to O when you can O every month. My cycle went from every 4 months to every 30 days or so , sometimes 37 days but still better . best of luck.

12 years ago

Thanks for the feedback everyone! I went to the doctors last Tuesday. Got some blood work done Friday and a pelvic ultrasound done Saturday, to look @ my ovaries and make sure all my "parts" were okay. I have been feeling really off lately and I am not pregnant. Starting to think this is due to a hormone issue. I will let you all know any updates. Baby dust!

12 years ago • Post starter

I can relate. I went off bc on Aug and I'm only on my 4th cycle. My last cycle was 86 days and I finally o'ed on cd 72. I had bloodwork done on cd 60 to check my hormones and my thyroid and it was all normal. I tried taking soy this round-took it cd 3-7 , currently on cd 17 and I'm just waiting to o.....

User Image User Image ii

12 years ago

Hey! i know no one has written on her in a long time but i am hoping to bring it back. i need some support with irregular cycles. i am so frustrated. i have always had irregular cycles (long cycles and going for months without a period) I have no idea if i have PCOS or any other problem. i had two "regular" periods and now nothing and all BFNs. i was tracking for those 2 cycles and was excited when my period came on an expected day (of course this was an expected day of a 38 day cycle) so for the next cycle i decided to predict ovulation by adding about 10 days and took OPKs which i believed to be positive about CD19 (halfway through) i have taken more OPKS since to see the difference and i don't think OPKs are going to work for me...they are so dark on the days i know i can't possibly be ovulating and then no AF and no BFP. i ordered some fertility tea that is supposed ot help women with irregular cycles find more hormonal balance. i am hoping this helps and that i ovulate and get a BFP soon.

ttc since August 2012 diagnosed with PCOS January 2013 failed IVF with 2 embryos May 2014 FET with 3 embryos August 2014, Successful!! confirmed ectopic on 9/24/14 taking a break from ttc and pursuing adoption homestudy ready 1/8/15, waiting for the call that will make us a family!

11 years ago

I can very much relate i was one depo which caused my periods to become very irregular much so that i have been off birth control for 2 years and never started on my own.. My doc put me on bc pills to help "regulate my system hopefully bck to normal" and i had a "bc period" but now that thats complete i dont have a period..I was having severe pelvic pain and went to the doc to find i have a cyst that ruptured and was causing hemorrhaging(SP) but that my endometrial wall was thickining so they are hopeful that my period my start on its own soon but if not i will have to have some hormone testing the bad part is im only 23 and not really ready to have to face all of this really nervous..But i was told to take prenatal vitamins, baby aspirin so we will see if it helps but if not i will have to begin hormone treatments..

I'm so ready.

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo